Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make this forum a suggestion forum again

thomasalexander_ritter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember the day when I first visited this forum and I had the feeling that something were wrong. Now, I know why I had this feeling

1) Lots of topics in this forum are:

-Bug reports

-General <b>questions</b>

-General support requests

Some examples from today:

-How to change Business Card

-Problem in seeing posts

-RSS feeds - link from aggregator not working

-myWeblogs: HTML links within own document produce error

-Download of CRM Business Package fails

Furthermore I think it is strange that I am able to mark a topic which should be a <b>suggestion</b> as a <b>question</b>.

Now lets see what is the official description of this forum:

<b><i>This forum is for the exchange of suggestions and improvement ideas regarding the SAP Developer Network. If it is an SDN system bug please report it by selecting Contribute -> Feedback in the top right navigation. </i></b>

2) People who are making great suggestions are not rewarded

Why should someone who posts a great suggestion reward other people? I think it would be great if we could use the reward system the other way around in this forum. So that there would be some kind of voting system. This would allow us to find out what features people really want to have and to sort out all the "nice-to-have" stuff. People who have made suggestions which are officially incorperated into sdn should get some reward.

Ok so to sum things up here my two suggestions:

1) Make this forum a suggestion forum again (many posts could be moved to the <b>Other SDN Questions</b> forum)

2) Some sort of voting system for this forum would be great I think it is a shame when lots of useful ideas get lost.

regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood you correctly, you recommend a "SDN Support" forum to 'clean' this forum.

Let me know and we will discuss it within the team.

Thx,

E.T.

thomasalexander_ritter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Etay,

I recommend that:

1) this forum gets moderated so that all the off-topic (= no suggestions) posts get transfered to somewhere else. A support forum would be nice but for the moment the /community [original link is broken] forum should be sufficient. <- Very easy to do

2) reward people who are making great suggestions. <- Will take some time because a voting system is needed for this purpose.

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas, I think you just want to make me work harder

This fourm has been in the process of being "cleaned" already, in order to avoid some confusion I had started with the first topic in the forum and was working to the newest topic. I've covered about 1/4 of the forum so far but it is a slow process.

We are working on it though.

As for your suggestions on voting on suggesitons, I'm sure the SDN team will take that under consideration thanks for the "tips"!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Thomas - a lot of junk is ending up in this forum. As someone that tries to take a peek at it occasionally or add something, the last thing I want to have to go is wade through a bunch of posts from folks that don't understand what a Suggestion is.

Tom's other point about allowing a way to award points for valuable suggestions would be nice too, sort of serving as an easy "I think so too!!" without having to actually post a reply ( although that sometimes generates more discussion, especially if I would disagree with a suggestion - maybe I need a way to award Bad Suggestion points too.)

I think the success of a Suggestion forum such as this really depends on it's quality of ideas and good discussion.

thomasalexander_ritter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

thanks for the cleaning job. It nice to see that during the last two days there were no off-topic posts anymore. Great job

btw I truly believe that every sdn member has to take on the responsibility to inform people who post in the wrong place. You know how well this works in the bsp forum

regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, however, I think you did it because you like to see me work

Actually I agree if you think the forum post is wrong please direct them to the right forum, we the moderators who see it actually move the forum posts that we know about but I am actually only in about 6 forums on a regular basis so it's hard to monitor all of them in which case we depend upon the other SDNers to let people know!