cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent---Regarding dedicated queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a proxy to file scenario where the records are coming in batches from proxy and will be written to file in append mode.

For example iam sending the data in 4 batches, if suppose 2nd batch has failed then the processing doesnt stop for the entire scenario. 3rd batch gets appended then after 4th batch. i.e 1,3,4 will be the order of batches.

I want it to be 1,2,3,4 and if any of the batches fails i want the entire scenario to stop.

This i would have done if i had a channel by mentioning the EOIO.

But since it is the proxy i dont have any channel.

When the batches are coming from proxy they are coming in different queues.

If we can send them in the same queue I feel my problem can be solved.

Can anyone suggest me how to use one queue(dedicated queue) to send all the batches?????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2476. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

The proxy has to split your internal table containing file into 4 chunks (4 internal tables) and make 4 calls to the proxy in the client proxy report. The EOIO should take care of processing it in the right order and the queue will be in the red status if the 2nd batch failed and will be processed only after 2 nd batch message is cleared. Try and let me know if it doesn't work. Use ccBPM only after exhausting all the other options out.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need is proper transaction handling.

If you need to have this behavior, then you need the 4 batches in the same transaction.

When you say "batch 2 has failed", where is the failure? Is it in the sender system?

If that's so, in the ABAP code that triggers the client proxy, only use commit work in the end of the processing. This way, the proxy will only be triggered when the overall transaction (meaning, the 4 proxy calls) are to be executed succesfully.

If the batch failure is in XI itself (say, because of bad input data, mapping fails), I'm afraid you won't have any other option unless you use BPM. Within BPM, you can handle the number of transactions to be generated by each step (and you can use all steps in a single transaction). This way, the 4 sendings will be executed only if they are all executed succesfully.

Beware of queues in this case. Suppose you have 2 groups of 4 batches. If batch 2 of group 1 fails, the queue will be block not only for 3 and 4 but also for the next group of batches. You'll have to have an administrator 24x7 checking this specific scenario...

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u for the suggestion

But could u please tell me how to do and what to do in BPM to acieve EOIO in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

To do EOIO in BPM, you can refer this-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

refer this Threads

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

if you are using proxies the Interface used of this Proxies has to be set as EOIO interface. For ABAP Proxies already the sending out of the backend system should happen in Sequence then.

Best regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya the data is coming from SAP (abap proxy).

For that any settings are there on the ABAP side for sending in the single queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hema,

>>>any settings are there on the ABAP side for sending in the single queue

Refer the weblog

/people/arulraja.ma/blog/2006/08/18/xi-reliable-messaging-150-eoio-in-abap-proxies

Regards,

Jai Shankar