cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document is still being processed in the background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I receive this error when wanting to Change a purchase order in SRM. The PO is already in R/3, and the user has tried to make the GR in SRM. This GR then failed in R/3 because of incorrect accounting data, so I changed this in SRM. Then the PO changed to status Awaiting Approval, but we do not use any workflow for approving POs. Plus when trying to change the PO I get the message Document is still being processed in the background; please try again later. Well, this has been there for over a week now, and I have searched both this forum and also SAP Notes, but cannot seem to find anything that helps me.

There are no locked entries in the BBP_WFLOCK table, just as there don't seem to be anything in the RFC queues. I have checked the SC, PO and Confirmation in the BBP_PD, but no news here.

Something that interested me though is that in BBP_PD for the PO it seems that there are 2 active versions...?

Any other idea as to how I can "release" this Purchase order again?

Thanks for info.

DM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know the following things.

1. Do you see any approver in the approval preview of the purchase order , you have told that you are not using any workflows , but i wanted to make sure.

2.When do you get the message"document is still being processed in the background" ? is it when you change the purhcase order?

3) please have a look at the workflow log using the transaction 'SWI6', use the object type as bus2200 , use purchase order GUID and then see wether the setreleased has been run for the purchase order.

4) if the setreleased is not done , then you have to run the setreleased method for the purchase order.

award points if usefull

Message was edited by:

khan voyalpad usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

The issue is solved. Although no entries were in the BBP_WFLOCK table, there were still some issues with the workflow.

Here is how to solve it:

- To start workflow manually goto Transaction SWUE and select

Object category :- BOR object type

Object type :- BUS2201

EVENT :- SAVED

Object key :- The GUID of the latest change version of PO.

and press the button Create Event.

After this the PO will be available to update.

Best Regards,

Dennis M