cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does xMII support multi language? i.e like chinese, french?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Localisation is very much possible in xMII. For one of our clients we had provided localisation in spanish.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how can we do localisation in xMII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create localized variables in xMII - Localization editor.You need to even define various strings to be shown for different users based on their languages in Localization editor itself.

For that creation go through the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Localization/Defining_Localization_Keys.htm

For using the created variables on xMII Dashboard or screen follow the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Localization/Localization_Editor.htm

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as per you posted, i searched in localization but it display only BIN_INSERT and BIN_DELETE. in these also mo drop down list. they have some values in each language.

i searched in help doc, it shows add language in user role. i add german(de) in language section of user attributes. and i created one policy for authentication to my account and set it as required. but still it is not working. my question, here it need to work in different language. for example german. all display should be in german for particular user. how to set it? please help..

-senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

First you need to create variables from localization editor.

Click New on localisation editor and give variable name say

ex:Title

Under different languages give

default(english) as say "Localization Page"

This if needs to be given in spanish means then under

Spanish (es) give value as say"(al cruzarse con alguien) ¡adiós! "

Now save the variable by clicking save and now you had created a localisation variable.

The next step is to use on web page.

For that the page should have to be an irpt page.

Then you declare the variable as follows:

{##Title}

And attach the webpage to any user.Under user's language give it as en(english) or es(spanish) or de(german).If you declare the value for the string in that user's corresponding language in localisation editor it will take that value.else it will take default english language value.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ravi,

thanks. it is working. but is it possible to diaplay all contents in template in particular language? that means if user selected german as his language, is it possible to display contents in german? now it is working for only assigned variables.

- senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

I guess you are asking for localisation for headings in grid.If i am correct,It is very much possible.

Follow the sample code:

On webpage between applet tags declare

<param name="ColumnHeadings" value="{##LocalVarName}">

And in Localization Editor declare values for the variable LocalVarName as comma seperated values as

Order,Material,Description etc.,

It will work.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

you can, but you have to manually create the cross-reference dictionary. Perhaps in 12.0 it is easier since this will be using Netweaver.

Answers (0)