cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service structure gets ommited in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented a Web Service and have deployed and tested it with Web Service Navigator and with Normal Web Dynpro application.

I have created a system in Portal for this Web Service thorugh Visual Composer. But when I try to drag the function of the Web Service into one of the iView, it tries to get the metadata of the Web Service and fails with message:

"Port 'Response' was ommited because it includes nested tables, which are not currently supported by Visual Composer."

Now the question is, what type of structure is expected by Visual Composer? Can someone please let me know if there is any structure based restriction while using Web Services into Visual Composer?

Thanks,

Mausam

PS: I have imported other Web Services with simple structure and I'm able to get the desired output with Visual Composer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mausam,

Nested Structures Request and Response is available in Composition Environment i.e. visual composer in NW CE. I am not sure if its available in previous versions.

Regards

Nidhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nidhi for taking the time to understand the problem. I havent tried CE version yet.

However, I have solved the problem as my Web Service indeed have some nested tables, which I believe is not supported till NW04s SP10.

I changed teh structure of Web Service and VC has starte accepting it as Model.

Thanks,

Mausam