cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report with rolling periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requiremt of generating reports with a rolling periods functionality. The report has to return data for the recent one year ( eg., if today is 30 Aug 2007, the report should result data from 31 Aug 2006 to 30 Aug 2007).

We are using XMLA connector to build the query definition as we want to have coustomized reports and do not intend to use standard BI reports.

Please let us know how the rolling periods functioanality can be developed within Visual Composer.

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rolling off data from a data target means deleting data from a data target in a rolling manner. Instead of simply deleting all the data at once, you can roll off the oldest parts aVisual Composer allows business developers to create analytical applications like the ones shown in Figure 1 that combine SAP technology with interactive Macromedia Flash Web applications, all in a low-footprint client that you run in a Web browser. The example scenario also requires an SAP BI system (BW 3.5C or higher) configured to connect via the SAP BI Connector in SAP NetWeaver Portal (formerly SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0). Visual Composer can output data from the data services, such as t a set interval of time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

I apologize if you have mistaken my query. I am not referring to deletion of data from the data target. I wanted to know if we can can execute a report in VC which fetches data for the current one year. If we were using standard/customized BI reports we could have had the dynamic selection of the filter value using variables. But in our scenario we are developing queries using XMLA connector through the BI integration wizard. In this process we dont find a flexibility to have dynamic time periods (like the report fetching latest one year data). We would like to know if this functionality can be developed in VC through some functions.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is anyone aware of the soultion. Any help in this regards is highly appriciated.

Thanks

Kiran