cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get back to UWL from WebDynpro task launcher?

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented a WebDynpro-based task handler which launches when the user clicks on a certain item in the Universal Worklist. When the user has finished doing the task, then they can click a "Close" button. What I want to happen at this point is to return to the Universal Worklist (i.e. the portal page they just came from).

Anyone know how to do this? In a sense, all I need to do is click the "Page Back" button on the user's behalf.

I am launching the item in-place - another option would be to launch in a new window, and then close the window in repsonse to the user clicking the Close button - but this does not appear to be a supported WebDynpro action. I have tried an exit URL of javascript:window.close(), but this hasn't worked.

I am using NW04 SP12.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Darren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As this thread is very old but if any one want the answer in future u can do the following things.

Add the code in the back button.

data: lr_compcontroller type ref to ig_componentcontroller,

l_component type ref to if_wd_component.

data lr_port_manager type ref to if_wd_portal_integration.

lr_compcontroller =   wd_this->get_componentcontroller_ctr( ).

l_component = lr_compcontroller->wd_get_api( ).

lr_port_manager = l_component->get_portal_manager( ).

CALL METHOD lr_port_manager->fire

EXPORTING

portal_event_namespace = 'urn:com.sapportals:navigation'

portal_event_name      = 'historyNavigate'

portal_event_parameter = '-1'.

Dareen mentioned that thing (history/Navigate)

Thanks,

Ravi Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren how did you do this? " WebDynpro-based task handler which launches when the user clicks on a certain item in the Universal Worklist. " I've to make some changes to the UWL and there is no API so I think that what you are doing could help me.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

You can use the portal navigation from Wdp:

import com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.navigation.api.*;

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES: your page location in pcd",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,"Dynamic Param if you need");

In Wdp Close event use this to navigate back to portal page.

Regards Nir

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

I found the answer:

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.sapportals:navigation", "historyNavigate", "-1");

This line will take you to the previous page in the history list, i.e. UWL in my case.

Cheers,

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

thats exactly what I need. Where and how did you fire the event? Did you use the "lr_port_manager->fire(...........)

thanks and regards

stefan

jensbilgrav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

Dare I ask exactly how you implemented this? Is it portal configuration?

Best regards,

Jens Bilgrav

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if you can find some usable information on closing the top Web Dynpro window in this topic:

If there's something you can use, you can use the 'launch in new window' approach that you suggested yourself.

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal - thanks, but I've already read those threads. The javascript:window.close() hack no longer works...

The only thing which may come close is to use the Portal Navigation API, but this means hard-coding the PCD URI of the UWL I'm using - not exactly portable...

- Darren