cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Output/Input Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I import a Model, I have Two nodes - ZRFC_Input and ZRFC_Output. Inside Input Node, I get a subnode called again Output. I also observe that in all developemts, only the ZRFC_Input is used to pass Input parameters to RFC. To get any return values from RFC, we access the Output subnode under this ZRFC_Input node.

Now, My question is why is it done this way. Is there any use for the Output node ZRFC_Output ?

Can anyone eloborate ?

Regards

Gandolf.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

The other nodes that you find are the structures used for the nodes within the input node. While you import a model the corresponding classes are formed for the structures and tables defined in the import/export/talbe in RFC.

Whatever nodes you will find outside will all be included inside the input node itself. These classes you would need while you instantiate an object of that type of node.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Murtuza. I am aware the remaining nodes are the structures that we use in Tables/import/export tabs of RFC. But my basic question was why are there Two nodes called Input and Output at the top level ? During programming, we always use the Output(the subnode) withing Input. Then whats the purpose of having an Output Node at the top level. I mean, whats the use of that Output node that is lying outside at the Top level.

Rgrds,

Gandolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

This is what i told you in the previous reply.

The output node that is outside the input node just describes the structure of the output node and won't be containing data.

That node is shown in the context is shown so that you can have an object of that node which you will require to manipulate the output node inside the input node.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it Murtuza. Sorry for confusing you...

Answers (0)