cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI JMS Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have a database of data in SAP XI 3.0 (SP17). I run a Function Module to extract this data and want to send it to the JMS

Adapter to deliver it to WebSphere MQ to a remote MQ QManager on another System. A return code from JMS Adapter indicating that

the message was put on MQ is all that is needed. I am not waiting for the remote MQ to reply. There is no reply.

Using Service Pack 17 SAP XI, can the Abap Code starting the XI JMS Scenario receive a reply from the JMS Adapter to know that MQ

received the data? Does this have to be a sync scenario or can the scenario be async?

Does this type of Scenario require the use of a BPM with sync/async bridge? I have tried this approach and, on too many occasions,

the reply never comes back to the SAP XI Abap Stack.

Any detailed help for how to accomplish this without upgrading to SP19 for the new sync/async JMS Adapter process would be greatly

appreciated.

Or is that the only alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

If we use XI 3.0 SP17, As per my knowledge this will be synchronous scenario wirh BPM sync/async bridge

Thanks

Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

I am on XI 3.0 SP16. In my scenario the JMS call is asynchronous

The best way to determine if the message was sent successfully is to switch on debugging for JMS messages

In Visual Administrator navigate to Cluster.Services.Log Configurator

Select the locations tab and navigate to

ROOT LOCATION.com.sap.aii.af.mp.jms.ejb

Then set the severity level (eg to debug)

Run your scenario then in Visual Administrator navigate to Cluster.Services.Log Viewer to view your trace. Alternatively you can run the stand alone log viewer

To access documentation for ‘Logging and Tracing’ to go to the following URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/0b59010a65de44be4f26cb57b9580d/frameset.htm

To physically see if the JMS message has reached the MQ server I used two administration tools (1) log onto the MQ server and use the Websphere MQ Explorer tool or (2) a stand alone tool called rfhutilc.exe

Regards,

Mike