cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLDCHECK Fails -> Program ID not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed IDES 6.0 and am in the process of setting up all that is required to communicate with XI.

In SM59 I have the users RFC destinations SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC. I have updated them to point to the correct host and gateway. The program IDs which exist already are SAPSLDAPI_UNICODE and LCRSAPRFC_UNICODE.

When I carry out the SLDCHECK test, I receive the mesage that the program ID's are not registered. I understand that I need to register them but I am not sure how to.

I have seen the blog from Michael Krawczyk:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

In the second part of the blog he shows how to proceed with the RFC channel configuration, but I do not know how to reach the screen he shows.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

N.WILSON.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

I have found a post-installation guide entitled "SLD of SAP NetWeaver 7.0". Is this the post installation guide you are referring to?

I have already looked through the guide, and most things are already done. Something which I did find in there is "performing the initial data import". It talks about the CIM model. However, it also states that this import is carried out during installation, so I assume this is correct.

Any input welcome.

Regards,

Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PI 7.0 the post installation steps for PI can be done using an automated template installer which will also create the entries you are trying to make in visual admin.(check this in the link provided below ---Creating RFC Destinations in the ABAP and Java Environments)

complete information can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a0/40084136b5f423e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

you can run the template installer so that you can make sure all the other post installation steps are also done

Cheer's

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link: http://service.sap.com/installnw70

Select the "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2 - Installation Guides" link.

It has all the possible installation landscapes.

Go for your DB solution and select "ABAP + Java".

The PDF you'll download should have the installation + post installation steps (look for the section related to "Process Integration").

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dreamcatcher / Henrique,

Thanks both to you. I carried out the configuration steps outlined in the post installation guide (including running the template installer).

SLDCHECK is now successful.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dreamcatcher,

I noticed also that you say to enter the system number of the integration server and the client where the integration server is installed. By system number, I assume you mean the last two digits of the SAP System ID and by client I assume this is the default SAP client 001. If not, then how do I find these values?

Thanks in advance.

Nicholas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for your answers. I agree - I think the example of Michal's blog was incorrect. It does indeed refer to something else.

I have also been looking in Visual Administrator myself - so I was along the right lines. I saw that there are no program ID's currently listed under JCo RFC Provider. I therefore tried to create one. I filled in the details as Dreamcatcher listed. It adds it to the list but a popup appears informing me that it could not add it to the "bundle" and to refer to the log.

Naturally the logical thing for me to do is look at the log to see if there are any clues there. However, where do I see the log? Do I need to export it to see it use the "Export" button in Visual Administrator?

Regards,

N.WILSON.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

if you don't have any entries in the JCO RFC Providers service, then your problem is much greater.

Probably the post installation steps weren't executed in your installation.

Look for the XI post installation guide in the service marketplace and perform these steps (actually, this should be performed by the basis realizing the installation).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos
henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicholas,

I think you're confusing things a little bit here.

The RFC Destinations in that blog are for Sender RFC Dest, not SLD.

Let me try to explain.

When you want to connect an ABAP system to a Java system, you may use RFC Destinations to create the "link". In this case, you must use RFC Destination of type TCP/IP with Registered Server Program option. Then, you use the ProgramID you've entered there in the Java program that you're trying to connect to.

RFC sender is one case where and ABAP system sends data to a Java system (in this case, Adapter Engine). So, in the adapter parameters of the communication channel, you must enter the ProgramID that will be used to create the link. That is what you see in Michal's blog.

SLD connection is another case of ABAP system sending data to a Java system. In this case, the Java system is the SLD server. You maintain those program IDs in the J2EE Visual Admin, in the Server node, JCO RFC Providers Service. There, you'll see the connections you need (SLDSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC). They are preconfigured with the program IDs. Use the exact ones you see there (usually SLDSLDAPI_XXX and LCRSAPRFC_XXX, where XXX is your SLD SysID) in your ERP RFC Destinations for SLD connection.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to register on Gateway using Visual Administrator.

You need to ask to BASIS / system adminstrator to do same as developers dont have authorisations to perform this activity.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perform the following steps to maintain the J2EE Connection Parameters for SAPSLDAPI and then repeat them for LCR.. _UNICODE again.

1. Start your Visual Administrator either locally by choosing Start ®Programs or on your Integration Server by executing the file go from within the directory: .../usr/sap/

¡ User: SAPJSF (defined during installation)

¡ Password: ask system administrator

¡ Unicode: activate

5. Choose Set.

Cheer's