cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain a Vendor currency in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to maintain a Vendor currency in backend.

ours is a classsic scenario.

I had an issue, where the shopping has not been created in the backend. when we try to resubmit the shopping cart it throws an error

in the transaction BBP_PD it throws an error saying that vendor currency is missing.

when I checked in the backend for that vendor the currency is existing.

So now my question is like, other than backend do we maintain the vendor currency in SRM also? or only in back end.

as our vendors are replicated from backend.

Please clarify.

Best Regards,

Sairam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In classic scenario, vendor master data is replicated from R/3. You can check the replicated data in SRM using transaction "Manage Business Partner" in the web interface (logon with admin profile or purchaser profile). From this transaction you can even edit a business partner (vendor in this case) => Go to "vendor data" tab to check the vendor currency per purchasing organization. It is definetely not recommended to modify vendor data in SRM as the master system is R/3.

You should go in R/3 in transaction XK02 and update your vendor information (Purchasing data). Maintain field "Order currency" (LFM1-WAERS)

Then replicate the vendor again using program in SRM "BBPUPDVD"

Hope this helps,

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sairam,

Do check in the T-code: CUNI in SRM whether the currency is maintained correctly and similar to the currency in SAP R/3.

Parallel, you can run the program on periodical basis :BBP_GET_EXRATE

Regards,

RK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in CUNI we maintain for UOM is curreny is also maintained.?

Best Regards,

Sairam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

To align the currencies and exchange rates in the backend system with those

in SAP Enterprise Buyer, run the reports BBP_GET_CURRENCY and

BBP_GET_EXRATE whenever currencies and exchange rates are

updated in the backend system.

Run the report and it will ask for the logical system, give the logical system of your backend. All the currency from backend will be updated in SRM system.

Check whether the currency codes are maintained correctly in SRM system.

Path to check the currency is

<b><u>SPRO -> SAP Web application Server ->General settings ->Currencies -> Check Currency codes</u></b>

Hope this will solve your problem.

Reward points for helpful answer.

Regards,

Bhargava