cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to create an EWA for an R/3 system. I already have performed all the necessary steps (I think) to create EWA. Can I only create EWA through Sol Man by creating an EWA service under Solution Monitoring -> Early Watch Alert -> Create Service, or can I also go to SDCCN on the satellite system (ECC 5.0 in our case) and create a task there to push the EWA data to Sol Man?

If creating the EWA directly from the satellite system is possible, would apprecate if you could provide the steps.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The response was helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asheesh,

If you have completed all the necessary steps then you need to create the service from the solution manager itself.If the Earlywatch service is not scheduled or defined then pushing the data form the satellite systems will not make any sense as this data will not have a earlywatch session corresponding to it.

So,effectively,an EWA needs to be created first in the Solution Manager system and then you can call SDCCN in the satellite system and start the service

' EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager ' to send data to the solution manager system immediately.

Else if this job is not scheduled automatically then you can create it by creating a new task called 'Refresh Sessions'.

Hope this helps! Revert back for any more queries/clarifications.

Thanks and Regards

Siddharth Sharama