cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing XI Content for MDM Business or MDM Business Content 5.5 SCV to IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm required to create a CRM->XI->MDM using the provided MDM 5.5 SP05 - Business Content - Business Partner in the. marketplace. From the pdf files that i have read, I understand that i would have to import SAP ABA 7.0, and MDM Business Content/XI Content MDM Business to use the interface objects, mappings and comm channel templates. I have two questions:

1) Should I be importing the XI Content MDM Business or the MDM Business Content 5.5 SWCV to the IR?

2) After importing the above SWCVs , all i get is an empty SWCV for Both MDM Business Content and XI Content MDM Business with no pre-defined namespace and no object. SAP ABA 7.,0 SWCV however is working fine, with all pre-defined namespaces, and objects intact. How can i remedy the MDM Business Content/XI Content MDM Business SWCV?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luqman,

Are u sure there will be any namespace or pre-defined objects available for MDM contents...??

Upto my knowledge MDM doesnt support proxies so I doubt there will be any standard content deliverd for it..!!

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

While i'm not 100 per cent sure of about it, i'm fairly certain that there should be ( I might be wrong). Two documents in the sap service marketplace implies this:

In https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/installMDM under the "Installation" Header->MDM 5.5 SP05 - Business Content - Business Partner.zip, there's a pdf file in the zip folder there that states:

"The XI content for MDM delivers interfaces, interface mappings and communication channel templates tailored to the supported SAP remote systems

and the shipped MDM 5.5 SP05 repositories."

Under the same "Installation" header, there's the IT Scenario Configuration.pdf file. In the pdf file, under the "Setting up XI" section they indicated that as a pre-requisite:

"You have imported the XI content MDM Business 5.5 (XI 3.0) or MDM Business 5.5

7.00 (XI 7.0) to the Integration Repository.

This XI content delivers interfaces, interface mappings, and communication channel

templates tailored to the supported SAP remote systems and the shipped MDM

repositories. The included integration scenarios dramatically reduce the manual effort

required to define the message flow between MDM and the supported SAP remote

systems."

Hence. that's why it leads me to believe that importing the SWCV into the IR "should" give me a pre-defined namespace with some objects available. Any advice on what i should do or did i misread it totally?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u r description is correct.

we have xi content for 1)MDM

2) MDM Business

3) MDM GDS

if u want to download go through this

http://service.sap.com/swdc -->Support Packages and patches > Entry by application group>SAP Content --> ESR Content (XI Content)

After downloading it will be in zip format extract that finally it will be in tpz format.

Then u will import into XI IR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

My landscape architect has already put it in the SLD, but when i import the SWCV into the IR, the SWCV is empty. I've never seen the SWCV before, but i don't think it should be empty, correct? In this case, what should i do to get the namespaces, interface objects, mappings and comm channels which should rightfully be in the SWCV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't import from sld u will import directly into IR Using below steps

I)first process

1. Go to your XI home page, Administration -->In this under general information link you will find the location for the Import Folder.

2. Now, go to the OS level and move the TPZ file in this import folder whose path you found in step 1.

3. After moving this file to the import folder, go to IR, Tools --> Import and you will be able to import the TPZ file.

II)second process

put the file into:

<systemdir>/xi/repository_server/import

open repository and choose import from menu.

Screen-Shot After Importing tpz file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh I see. I'll try that and will update the thread.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Correct me if i am wrong, but i should be copying the objects that i want to use from these SWCVs into the SCV that i have created correct?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the SCWV was imported directly, that means the objects that i am interested in using has to be directly copied to my working SCV right?

Message was edited by:

lookman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>that means the objects that i am interested in using has to be directly copied to my working SCV right?

This purely depends on your requirement.

For eample we did a db - XI - SRM integration using SRM std content.

One of our scenario was to transfer the PO requisition records in the db to SRM using std Proxy. For this we dont need to copy the target DT, MT, MI to our working SCV. We just created sender side DT, MT, MI and in mapping used the MI from std SCV directly as the target msg.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, that's interesting. I see what you mean. Thanks. I wasnt sure whether we could do so if we do not identify the standard SCV as a usage dependency.