cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone help me out on the below XI BASIS questions? I already searched for SAP standard documents on SDN and marketplace, but could not find anything.

If you have addressed the below questions in your projects, please let me know the details. I am looking for some real time figures.

1. Do we need to keep detailed performance data in each system? If so, how long do we need to keep it?

2. Do we need to keep aggregate performance data in each system? If so, how long do we need to keep it?

3. How can we expect the tables that hold this data grow over time? Do we have the required database size needed to make adjustments? Will performance of the web query be satisfactory in each system?

Thanks Much,

GP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is further information here on performance monitoring:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9e/6921e784677d4591053564a8b95e7d/frameset.htm

In my last project we kept the data for seven days for development and test and 30 days for Production.

The Go Live analysis normally tells you areas of improvement including table size analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Barry.

Can you pls explain why you have decided to keep the data for 7 days for dev and test and 30 days for prod? Is there any specific reason why we should keep the data longer in prod env?

What I am thinking is keeping aggregated data for longer period in prod would help in analysing the system performance. But, we may not have to keep the detailed data in prod env unless until we have a specific scenario targetted for bad performance. Detailed data for sure helps in dev environment to amke decisions on bad design. Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the decision was made due to the fact we had just gone live with XI3.0 sp3, and that the product was in it's infancy. We threw together a cheap windows cluster and wanted to make sure it was upto scratch, and could handle the load/throughput. In the end I don;t believe we swtiched it off.

As it was a new product for us, we wanted to monitor closely for the first six months and be able to make sure it was handling the data okay and the response times were good, especially at peak times during a month.