cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher Load balancing through ICM of Dual stack instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently planning an installation that would involve a single NW system that would have dual stack application servers(ABAP+JAVA) and would require SAP Web Dispatcher to do load balancing of all HTTP requests across my J2ee Clustered instances. My question here is if I install more than 1 Dual stack instance on the same server (Hostname) will I experience issues with ICM ports etc. and the load balancing through SAP Web Dispatcher. And what would be the workaround using "Virtual Hostsnames" etc?

I know this would not be the suggested Production landscape but we need it for testing the load balancing through SAP Web Dispatcher only and only have a single server to play with?

Many thanks

Peter Naylor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you'll have any problem having two dual stack in the same box and load balanced with a single webdispatcher.

Even though you install two dual stack systems on the same system, your instance no will be different (it had to or else it'll overwrite the previous instance) and thus your ICM http ports will be different between the two dual-stack too.

SAP webdispatcher only need to connect to the ASCS message server and it should see all the abap icm and j2ee servers.

Hope that helps.

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.