Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP gateway not dropping logged on client

peter_dougherty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an rfcexec.exe which runs in a wrapper service on a Windows machine. The rfcexec is registered at the central SAP gateway. Everything works fine, except when the remote PC is switched off, the client logged on at the gateway remains. This means that, when the remote PC is switched on again, the Windows service start again, another rfcexec.exe is launched, resulting in another client logged on at the central SAP gateway. Now the problems arise, since, when I try a test connection, I don't get a result back, I assume because the system no longer knows which client is really the active one related to the running rfcexec.The problem can easily be resolved by deleting all but the most recent logged on client, but this is not ideal. Does anybody know of a way to drop the logged on client from the central SAP gateway once the remote rfcexec has been stopped. Thanks everyone in advance for your input.

Peter DOUGHERTY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Peter,

maybe you could try to set the parameter gw/deallocate_timeout or gw/auto_disconnect or one of these parameters depending of your connection.

Hope this helps.

peter_dougherty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks ever so much for solving this problem for me. The parameter gw/reg_keepalive did the trick as discussed. Thanks again, and, if ever you are in Belgium, let's meet ...

Answers (0)