cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Time entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when entering the times in CAT2 transaction it is asking for an activity type. My Client has opted for posting the cost to projects using wage per hour. Am i missing something here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srijith,

You will have to maintain Activity Type of the employees in their respective HR Masters in Infotype 315. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vivek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How r u going about the scenario? In my opinion you should:

1. Define work centre, activity type.

2. Maintain wage per hour rate for activity type- cost center combination

3. Assign cost center & activity type to work center on its costing tab.

4. Assign resources/persons to work center on capacity tab (Double click on capacity and click HR assignment tab)

5. Create internal activity in project, enter work center and work in hours. Activity type will be automatically populated. Also a new tab of person assignment will get added. Go to that tab of internal activity, select you person and assign work.

Please check if you are missing something out of this. If you are following some other process let me know.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek & Shrikant,

Thank you for the effort & replies. My client did not want to use the activity type at all as it would have been a waste of one master record which need to be maintained. We have found the way out, we missed a setting in the data entry profile setting. we change the cost accounting variant to assignment of personnel cost to reciever object then it will not ask for activity type and the labor cost gets posted from the wage per hours.

Regards,

Srijith