cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOA/Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would some one suggest me that what should be the next emerging area in SAP? I am in the XI development for the last 2 years and planning to move to Enterprise SOA or Solution Manager or ?. I am having an SAP background.

Your suggestions are greatly appreicated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>planning to move to Enterprise SOA or Solution Manager or ?

may i know what made you to move?

It's really interesting..

What I understood is, initially during 70s SAP is on R/2 based (standard software - mainframe) and 80s R/3 based (integrated processes - 3 tire client/server) and now SOA is adaptive business... it's all a technology advancement based on the business requirements. Thre is no alarming that you should switch from XI to SOA of SOLMAN.

Let's C, how the other experts will respond...

regards

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my understanding, XI (and even more PI 7.1) is the main strategic SAP product to address SOA challenges, providing a framework for integration and orchestration, having the ESR and conversing in several protocols, implementing BPM concepts and all.

At least that's how I see it.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to spread my wings in one another area that is related to my experience and I am not retiring from XI atleast for now, so thats where I want to understand should I need to work on SOA or Solution Manager or PLM or ????

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, then let me rephrase my comment:

XI = SOA.

When you say work on SOA, what do you exactly mean???

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not understanding what a SOA means? I thought its an altogether a new dimension!!! if I want to enhance my productivity in XI how should I use the SOA concepts? I am not clear with myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOA - Service oriented architecture - according to me basically means making the applications in your system landscape web service enabled i.e other systems can access the underlying functionality of your application using web service.

Cheer's

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right in the sense that SOA is a new dimension.

Rather, it's a new architecture for computational systems, where the services may be distributed among a network and you develop your applications by consuming these services. It's very Web 2.0.

In this sense, what I meant is that XI provides the possibilities to integrate such applications and services, providing protocol conversations, BPM concepts etc. So, XI is among the SAP products that provide SOA capability. It's up to you to implement your scenarios with SOA concepts or not.

What you meant was to learn SOA concepts, then? Was that it?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

SAP xAPPS and SAP xMII are the new areas.i am also not sure abt them

cheers

kish