cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enterprise Portal 7 sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP NW2004s, we need to size our NW enterprise portal 7 for 12000 concurent using. Currentely we are doing stress testing and it's failing we we reaching to 500 users. Please help and give suggestion for any tune up.

We have AIX5.3 and UDB db2 with ECC6 and BI.

Thanks

Nadeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nadeem,

Use SAP Quick Sizer (https://service.sap.com/quicksizer - SAP Netweaver -> Portal&KMC) to determine the required hardware for 12000 concurrent users.

How to tune the portal for load testing is described in this paper :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50eb22f4-589e-2e10-e999-e7db138bb...

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nadeem,

could you give me some information about your jdk?

Dispatcher should have 200M Memory. For every additional server node plus 50MB. Each server node should be related to on cpu. Each server node needs 2.5 gb ram. you can maximum define 16 server nodes in on instance.

regards,

alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the info about jave. Are you looking for this info ? if not then please tell me the path and direction.

Also I would like to know how can I add the services in the portal if we added server and dispatcher. Please send if there is any doc "how to add dispatcher and server in portal 7.

java -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.3)

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc64-64 j9ap64142ifx-20070510a (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20070425_12492_BHdSMr

JIT - 20070223_1804ifx1_r8

GC - 20070227_AA)

Thanks

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have another question, do you happen to know what should be the appropriate role to assign for golive checker for Enterprise Portal ?

Is there any particular role or profile ?

Thanks

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just for double check:

> java -fullversion

java full version "J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142ifx-20070509 {SR8 SAP ifix: 119818}"

But i think you have already the right one.

and have you in the environment for sidadm

IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx256M -Xj9

?

You can't add dispatchers. You can only create new java-dialog-instances (each of them will have one dispatcher).

Server nodes you can configure in the config tool. "Add server" and then don't forget to change the memory value.

Sorry, i don't now any docu explaining this.

alexander tuerk

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)

>java -fullversion

java full version "J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX 5L for PowerPC (64 bit JVM) build caix64142ifx-20070509 {SR8 SAP ifix: 119818}"

ENV:

IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx256M -Xj9

2) After adding the server node you mention that not to forget to change the memory value please elaborate how or at least give some clue where to look.

3)Sorry but this is related to my previous question that if you happened to know what role should we assign to golive checker for portal they need to have at least 2 access from below :

1) Open WTS connection directly to the EP server and give logon details to access ' Visual Administrator'

2) HTTP Connection URL connects to portal page (Username and Password) with 'ADMINISTRATOR' rights.

3) Telnet connection directly to the EP server.

4) PcAnywhere connection directly to the EP server in analysis

What is appropriate ?

Thanks

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a sap note regarding the memory setting for the server nodes for jdk 1.4.2. sr8.

if you are using sp12. please patch sp12 to the newest patch level, because there are many performance bugs in the normal stack.

If you have a unix server to can have only the following connections (2) and (3).

regards,

alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all your help.

I will check the OSS note for memory.

Do you have any idea that what authorization role should we assign to them for 2 and 3 ?

Thanks again,

Nadeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammad,

we have a portal with 50000 defined users, during our loadtest we reached a maximum of 2000 users at the same time logged in and 50 users pressing at the same time a button. We are running on aix 5.2.8, db2 v.8.2. and jdk 1.4.2 sr8. our server has 16 cpus, one j2ee instanz, one dispatcher and 15 server nodes.

We most importent think is to have the newest jdk from ibm build for sap with the right parameters jv9 set.

a servernode can handle between 100-200 users, depends on application you are running.

in our case we can handle a maximum of 200*15 users at the same time.

What do you mean with concurrent?

If you need more information. Please give me your email address.

alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info. My e-mail address is f131f@yahoo.com.

We are running AIX 5.3, DB2 UDB, ECC6, Enterprise Portal 7. We are doing stress testing for portal but it's failing when it reaches to 500 users we have goal for 14000 users. We added few servers and couple of dispatchers. I would like to know if there is any parameter need to be modified or any other preferences.

Also I would like to know what appropriate role can we assign to golive checker for portal should we give sap_all.

Please any advise will be appreciated.

Mohammad