Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server config for production system - oac0

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are setting up content server for our ERP 2005 system, and I am wondering what best practice is for our scenario.

We have one content server (CST) for development and test systems on host A, and one content server (CSP) for production system on host B. The Archive link configuration in dev and test points to CST. When this is transported to production, it will point to the wrong content server and I will have to reconfigure the archivelink in production to point to the correct content server (CSP).

What is the best way to set up the production system to point to the content server CSP on host B? Should I define a new content repository in t-code oac0 in dev, and transport this to production? Should I define the new repository directly in production system??

Please advise.

Best Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello,

I had the same problem a few years ago with R/3 4.7.

I don't think there is a perfect solution but here is what I did :

In the DEV system, in OAC0, I created 2 content repositories, one for the test sytem and one for the production. I transported these 2 content repositories in the production system.

In the DEV system, in OAC3, I created temporary links from my business objects to my production content repository. I released the request order.

Then I deleted these links which are wrong in the DEV system. I transported the order in the R/3 production system where these links are right.

In the DEV system, in OAC3, I then created the links from my business objects to my TEST content repository. I released the second request order.

So my config is now OK in my test and my production system.

When we refresh the DEV system by a database copy from the production system. We just have to reimport the test request order to switch the links to be OK on the DEV system. We don't have to recreate the test content repository as it was defined als oi nthe production system.

I am not sure that this is clear but this works for us with no problems since 2002.

I hope this helps.

Olivier

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier!

Thanks for the input. I will be trying a variant of your solution.

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)