?????

What is rent.car.customer...?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I went thro' the link provided by you. As I said in my previous answer these are nothing by constant string which hold permanent value and present in property files for quick loading and good performance.

In your own project also you can give the same value for this final string and use it where ever required.

Hope this answers your query .If you are satisfied pls close this thread.

Regards,

Guru

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is clear now, many thanks.

I found another good explanation at: http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.servlet/State.html?l=new

Former Member
0 Kudos
guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not find any package structure like tht than it will be a simple string containing a constant value since it is termed as "final" nothing mor e than that.

Can u let me know where exactly in the tutorial they are using this final string so I can help you out with close answers?

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

But I still don't unterstand. I can't see any package structures like "rent.car.customer.reservations", just see things like "com.sap.examples...." .

I try to build my own example application that is similar to the Car Rental, and now i don't know, what i should use for the RESERVATIONS Constant.

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The answer for your question is simple.I am not gone thro' the said tutorial butas per my knowledge

It is nothing but the package structure where you have the reservations java class in the hierarchy or may be the object hierarchy of the structure in which the car rental tutorial is set up.

Probably the string "RESERVATIONS" may be stored in a property file and can be referred in any of the java file the same pakage.

Hope it answers your query if so please close this thread.

Regards,

Guru