cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RfC via proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario: downloading the file to an application server in cd1 from 3rd party system and after downloading, I need to pass the filename to an RFC.

I have a problem with calling an RFC inside the method in CD1(inbound proxy) it throws an exception. The file gets transfered successfully from XI to CD, however when it gets to CD1 there's a problem. It brings up the following error message:-

<SAP:Code p1="UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION" p2="ZICL_MI_MCRTO_SAP_ISU_RBPL" p3="EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS" p4="">APPLICATIONCALL.DYNAMIC_CALL_FAILURE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:Text language="EN">Unable to execute the dynamic application call (kernel error ID UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION, class ZICL_MI_MCRTO_SAP_ISU_RBPL, method EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS)</SAP:Text>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TSHEPISO,

Hope this thread will help you.

Reward points if usefull...

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to execute the payload alone from the SPROXY TC into teh RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I can't due to the RFC has only a filename (ei.e directory and the name of the file) as an export parameter this is the reason why I think I need to download the file first to the server and then get the file name then pass the filename to the RFC.

Rgds,

Tshepiso.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things I would check are:

1) Is the file already created completely by the time the filename goes to the proxy?

2) Is the correct permissions set on the file?

I would suggest that you put the file on the server and then manually testing the proxy.

If you do get an ABAP dump, you will at least then be able to investigate using transaction st22.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tshepiso,

If I am not wrong...basically your requirement is reading input file name..right?

You dont need RFC for same...you can do that using File Adapter...

Check out this michal's blog....he has given step by step process of reading input file name..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Nilesh