cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP mapping realistic approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few things strucked in my way of working on ABAP mapping...can any one please allow me to get out of these.

1) Do we use internal tables in ABAP mapping ? ( I read a series of web blogs from 'Robert Eijpe' ) or we can do it by just traversing through the DOM and make the output? Which one is more realistic?

2) Do we need to learn ST (Simple Transformation) to do ABAP mapping? Where we do use ST actually?

3) I have learned DOM parsing is this is enough or I need to learn SAX too ? is it possible in ABAP too ?

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions but it may be more helpful if any one who is really doing ABAP mapping as I have asked in my query .

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. In ABAP mapping you can do anything that you can do in object oriented ABAP. But for a simple ABAP mapping, DOM parsing would be enough.

2. ST not required

3. DOM parsing is enough. I am not sure whether SAX is possible with ABAP mapping or not. But as far as i know, ABAP mapping uses DOM.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Srivastava

You have cleared many things for me...but one thing as I have asked in my 1st question...Do we use internal tables to store source DOM tree and then loop through the internal table and make a target DOM tree as explained by few weblogs ..........<a href="/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/10/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-i--convert-an-abap-table-into-xml-file-using-sap-dom-approach:///people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/10/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-i--convert-an-abap-table-into-xml-file-using-sap-dom-approach and ...<a href="/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/21/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-ii--convert-an-xml-file-into-an-abap-table-using-sap-dom-approach:///people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/21/xml-dom-processing-in-abap-part-ii--convert-an-xml-file-into-an-abap-table-using-sap-dom-approach

or

we just travers through source DOM tree and make a target DOM as explained in the weblog...<a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs:///people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

which one is more realistic ?

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first approach with the use of internal tables seems to be more realistic. In real time scenario, it is a usual requirement to fetch large amount of data from different tables and use this data for further processing. So in these cases, u need to use internal table apporach.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have learned DOM parsing is this is enough or I need to learn SAX too ? is it possible in ABAP too ?

Better approach to this understanding the difference between DOM and SAX parser.

Both of them are used for xml parsing.

With SAX parser you can traverse only in one direction. i.e top down. Low memory utilization.

With DOM parser you can traverse in both the direction. Has high memory utilization.

So if you know either one you can implement in the mapping depending on the scenario.

<b>Cheers

*RAJ*</b>

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for you reply Khan....but the questions which I mentioned are the result of those specified material .... could you please more specific to the points ?

Regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any one please answer to my questions..... I am waiting for a long time...it is very essential for me to get out of these doubts.

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh.