cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number format in chart graphic

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,have you got some idea about the number format in IGS?

the decimal notation in our chart displays in a German format such as "0.000,00"and"0,00%". While we want it to be "0,000.00" and "0.00%".

IGS Version = 6400.0.18.8

HP-UNIX 11.23

BW 3.5

Some reference:

The solution given in Note 536256 about this situation is to install the "mischart.dll" and change the "Regional setting" of the host on which the IGS is installed.

But it is for Win. How about Unix? And we have no idea about how to change the regional setting of the host.Is there anyone met this problem or got some ideas about it?

Regards

cm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1064448">1064448</a> for information on how to set/change the number format of labels in the chart.

Best regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Matthias.

Thank you for your help. there is still the problem.

we have set the lable format "$Percent0.00 " %"" in pie chart, but in IGS it displays in "0,00%". eg."3.14%" is supposed, it displays "3,14%". the commas are used instead of points.

Maybe it relates to the setting of IGS, as the note 536256 refered.

Have you got any idea about the default regional/country setting of IGS?

Regards.

cm

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

note 536256 is only relevant for BW < 3.5, but not for the Business Graphics in Web Dynpro. Business Graphics uses the XMLCHART interpreter of the IGS.

However, the XMLCHART evaluates the language setting that is sent from the Web Dynpro runtime to decide which separator to use (point or comma).

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kai.

Thank you for your help.

Our BW is 3.5 and IGS isn't in Web Dynpro.

I feel a little confused about the XMLCHART. Do all the IGS charts use the XMLCHART interpreter? For the chart graphics not in Web Dynpro, how will it get the decimal point setting?

Regards

cm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Kai.

I just found I have posted the thread in forum Web Dynpro Java. It maybe the reason you thought that our IGS was in Web Dynpro . It is my fault. Sorry again.

In fact, I am not sure the exact forum I should post the problem.

Regards.

cm

kai_gutenkunst
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BI Suite – Business Explorer would be the right choice.

XMLCHART is used in Web Dynpro (ABAP / Java), BI 7.0 (Java runtime)

GFWCHART is used in BW 3.5.

MISCHART (Win32 only) is used in BW < 3.5.

Regards, Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kai.

Thank you very much.

I'll post it to BI Suite.

thanks again.

Regards.

cm