Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will you please elaborate on Distribution Profile?

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MIL

I work in Mnaufacturing field. The component i work is IS - ADEC - GPD.

Industry Solutions - Aerospace and Defence - Grouping Pegging and Distribution.

to be precise if you dont specify distribution profile then "the system could not know where to post the cost in case of grouped material movement".

We group the similar materials using Grouping stratergy. Distribution Profile plays a vital role in controlling and assigning materials which internally procured, exterally procuredand its actual costs, payments and Commitments respectively.

Once this is mentioned while creating a projects enables all Project elemnts to grouping stratergy.

If still dint get this please go to transaction 0DIS01 and go to application help.

The distribution profile controls static pegging and the distribution of values on the basis of the proportions determined in static pegging.

This inturn makes it easier for pegging.

Procedure in <ls>Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling that establishes the relationship between receipt elements and requirements elements of a product within a location. Using pegging, the corresponding receipt elements are assigned to the requirements.

Two types of pegging are available:

Fixed pegging

Dynamic pegging

Thanks and Kind Regards

-

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

At the moment I have no access to IS - ADEC - GPD component activated to check the transaction 0DIS01 as mentioned in your mail.

However, while going thru the help doc, it is noticed that in customizing you need to assign the Distribution Profile to the Grouping WBS element. There is no mention of Ditribution Profile displayed in CJ20N.

Further, please note following extract from SAP Help documentation:

Implementation Considerations

The transactions for pegging and cost distribution are not in the SAP menu. The function can only be released after agreement with SAP. Due to the complexity of the grouping, pegging and distribution (GPD) process, you should discuss your relevant business processes with a consultant from the SAP Industry Unit Aerospace and Defense.

UNQOTE

In case you have missed the documentation, enclosed is the link for the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/EN/ba/9b7e3c645e5f4ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.....

Regards,

Mil