cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know what are the things that I need to install in order to start development with mobile infrastructure?

Are there any sample tutorials or guides available for beginners?

Thanks,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy

Refer to the following links

<b>SAP Mobile Infrastructure</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/64b54cf975904da6f0ef47298cf433/frameset.htm

<b>SAP Mobile Development Kit</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eba3a7-0601-0010-b982-92f...

<b>SAP Mobile Infrastructure Technical Infrastructure Guide</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2af96497-0901-0010-8f9e-d57...

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks.. Those links are useful..

Sorry, but in order for me to speed up in picking up on MI, may I know what are the things that are needed to be installed??

For example, on my local machine what are the things that I need to install in order to start developing? is there anything that i need to install on the backend system server?

Thanks for your help..

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Cindy,

On the local system you should have SAP GUI installed to have access to SAP systems and also Netweaver Developer Studio also needs to be installed to develop client applications that will run on devices.

You also need to install the mi client on the local system to test the development that has been done.

On the backend system there is nothing that needs to be explicitly installed, but you should necessary BAPIs that will be used by the middleware for development of smart sync applications.

You should have J2ee stack installed for the middleare for deployement related activities.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Thanks for your reply..

Just to clarify, actually I do not need anything to be explicitly installed, the things installed will be just like what we need when developing java web dynpro applications right? Just that i need to configure the MI-plugin for my netweaver studio right?

By the way, where can i get the MI client for installation?

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For running a MI application, you should have a J2EE server for administration and ABAP server data transfer, deployment and so on. It is not just like developing a WD applicaiton. If you have installed NetWeaver Dev Studio, then you dont require a separate plugin since this is already present. If you have Eclipse IDE, then you can download MDK plugin from <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/601ebf90-0201-0010-eda9-ea7d7d95f38c">here</a>. To download MI Installation navigate to the following URLs.

<b>For NetWeaver 7.0</b>

http://service.sap.com/swdc

-> SAP Support Packages

> Entry by Application Group

> SAP NetWeaver

> SAP NETWEAVER

> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S

> Entry by Component

> Mobile Infrastructure (MI

> MI CLIENT 7.00

> #OS independent

<b>For NetWeaver 2.5</b>

http://service.sap.com/swdc

-> SAP Support Packages

> Entry by Application Group

> SAP NetWeaver

> SAP NETWEAVER

> SAP NETWEAVER 04

>Entry by Component

> MI Client

> SAP MI CLIENT 2.5

> #OS independent

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Actually I have read something on SAP Mobile Engine.. Do i actually have to install this mobile engine somewhere?

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

The mobile engine is nothing but the MI client installation which sivakumar has mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks..

Preetham s

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes you have to install MI Client either on PDA or on Laptop/Desktop.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham & Sivakumar,

Thanks for your reply.. I have downloaded the MI CLIENT 7.00 SP09 and Patch for MI CLIENT 7.00 SP09 as my NWDS is SP09.. did i download the right thing?

Is there any guide on installing the MI Client on my local machine?

Thanks,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

The first post from Sivakumar you can see some links to documents. These documents will help you in setting up the client and NWDS. Also MI Client is like a normal setup file. Just install it and after installation you need to create a user on the inital screen and same user must exist in mi middleware. Then login to the clien with this user name and password. Goto settings link and mention the middleware you want to connet to. Then come back to home page and synchronise to get device id.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you downloaded the right thing. Refer to the MI Installation guide available in http://service.sap.com/instguides and then navigate to

->SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 2004 -> Installation ->SAP MI -> Installation Guide - SAP MI 2.5 SPS20 (New Technology). Though this is for MI 2.5, you can still refer to the same.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham & Sivakumar,

Thanks.. I'll try it out..

But for the MI Client that i have downloaded, there isn't any executable file (.exe) like normal setup file. Its a zip file and inside there are 3 folders (META-INF, DEPLOYARCHIVES, BUILDARCHIVES).. and inside the DEPLOYARCHIVES folder, the files are all .sda files.. and in the BUILDARCHIVES folder, the files are all .zip file... therefore i'm not too sure how do i go about installing the MI Client..

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a zip file among these which actually contains the setup file. This is compressed.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Thanks.. But from all the zip files, i didnt see any setup file.. I'll try to take a look at the installation guide and try to figure out again..

Anyway, just to sum up a little.. Am I right about the things that I need for MI development..

Local System - NWDS and MI Client

Middle Server - J2EE Engine (which is the NW Web App Server for deployment)

Backend System - mySAP ERP 2005

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a folder call uncomp

and inside have setup.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yzme,

I do not have a folder call uncomp..

I download MI CLIENT 7.00 SP09, and after extracting i only have these 3 folders.

1) META-INF - MANIFEST.MF, SAP_MANIFEST.MF

2) DEPLOYARCHIVES - all are .sda files

3) BUILDARCHIVES - all are .zip files and in the .zip files there are only 2 files (.dcda and .dcdef)

I couldn't find any setup.exe.. btw, i have to deploy the .sda file, am i right?

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the help.. I've finally found the setup.exe file after reading the post by Sivakumar in this thread..

Lastly before I close this question, is the following environment suitable for MI development?

Local System - NWDS (2004s SP09) and MI Client (7 SP09)

Middle Server - J2EE Engine (which is the NW Web App Server)

Backend System - mySAP ERP 2005

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

this forum serves the purpose to help.

but sometimes , have to wait long to find a solution..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy

Good to know you were able to find all the stuff you required. Just a few inputs for your landscape. Instead of using 7.0 SPs09 which is more than a year old, you can use the latest SPs i.e. SPs12 since we have done a lot of stabilization and major performance improvements in SPs10 and SPs12. So i suggest you to use this SPs12 instead of 09. Rest of the landscape is fine.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks.. Just to double check with you, I think i install Netweaver 2004s SR2.. This should be the lastest version for NWDS rite? But when i open my NWDS i saw the version is 7.0.09... is this the right version for NW2004s SR2?

Btw, from the MI installation guide, there is a part about reports for scheduling background job and the procedure on scheduling background jobs...

I don't really understand this portion.. Would you be able to explain to me?

Thanks,

Cindy

Message was edited by:

Cindy Low

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

There are some reports which needs to be scheduled for middleware to process requests. In case of generic sync/smart sync applications, for asynchronous processing, we need to schedule a report which picks data from the inbound i.e from client process it and place it back in the outbound. Also there is another which we need to schedule is the distributor, which prepares data from the middleware and places in the outbound for the client to pick it up. This is relevant to smart sync apps.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Thanks for the explanation.. But where do I get these reports? are there already available in the system? or do i have to used abap to code the program out?

Regards,

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These reports are already available in this system.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Ok.. I managed to create the background job.. Thanks..

Regards,

Cindy

Answers (0)