cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Value Mapping Replication JPR Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I am trying to insert items from a csv-file into XI Value Mapping by using the XI adapter. Mapping and configuration is finished, the file is picked by file-adapter and comes through the mapping. In the SXMB_MONI the message is processed correctly, but in the RWB I get the following error:

"Runtime exception during XML parsing: Error parsing document. Exception: Generic Exception: com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.core.XmlProxyRuntimeException: InvocationTargetException when calling method com.sap.xi.xI.system.ValueMappingReplicationItem_Type$Operation_Type.fromValue: insert is not among the enumerated values."

Do you have any idea, what the problem is?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would run the XML through the mapping test, and see if you get a better error message. They are quite generic in SXMB_MONI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

the mapping is passed correctly, so the mapping test gives me no error.

This error comes from the adapter engine (rwb - message monitoring).

Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the receving adapter?

It would be worth extending the trace file to get a better handle on the error.

Traces are used to analyze runtime errors. By setting a specific trace level for specific locations, you can analyze the behavior of individual code segments at class and method level. This is done with the help of the log configurator service:

 Services

 Log Configurator

 Locations

 Choose the location (Java package) and the tracing level (severity)

(for example, com.sap.aii.adapter.file)

 Root Location > com > sap > aii > File

 Set the severity and choose Copy Severity to Subtree.

Depending on what adapter you are using, determines the root location.

Do this then run the interface again. The trace file will provide the specific error causing the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

the receiving adapter is the XI-Adapter:

Adapter type: XI

Transport protocol: HTTP 1.0

Message-Protocol: XI 3.0

Adapter-Engine: Integration Server

I increased the trace level of the adapter to "All" and ran the interface again, but the error message was the same.

What else can I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error description says that "insert" is not a defined parameter. The actual parameter value should be "<b>I</b>nsert" capital I not small "i".

Cheer's

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow , if that is the actual cause of the issue, then am impressed "DreamCatcher"

By the ways, I think this thread should interest you,

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, Dreamcatcher seems to be right.

The only enumeration I found in the <i>ValueMappingReplication</i> message type (available in the <i>SAP BASIS</i> SWCV, under <i>http://sap.com/xi/XI/System</i> namespace) is the one for the Operation field, and it is as below:

<xsd:simpleType>
	<xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
		<xsd:enumeration value="Insert" />
		<xsd:enumeration value="Delete" />
		<xsd:enumeration value="DeleteGroup" />
		<xsd:enumeration value="DeleteContext" />
		<xsd:enumeration value="DeleteContextGeneric" />
	</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfecto!!! It works now.

Dreamcatcher was definitly right!

The "i" in insert has to be upper case.

The next error was because of a wrong GUID, it has to contain 32 digits and the context can be "http://sap.com/xi/XI" or "http://sap.com/xi/XI/System".

Thank you all for the very fast and professional help!

Best regards,

Fred Wetzinger (real name! Bhavesh, you see, I have read the thread "Talking about funny names ..." )

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a very similar scenario where my csv file has two fields key, value and I am not sure how to map that to the valuemappingreplicaiton standard interface. Can you pl tell me the steps you have done. How did you map the fields on the source to the fields on the target value mapping replication interface ?

M

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two key fields is not possible.

But you can concatenate the key fields, for example:

key1 + ':' + key2 (or any other character which is never part of the key fields)

You should create a new thread instead of answering to a thread which is already closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

Try: "Insert" ("I" capital) and a GUID of exactly 32 digits. And "http://sap.com/xi/XI" as namespace.

Regards,

Matias.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fred,

Somthing to do with the data.

The Valuemapping Interface expects the GUID ( or something similar in name .. dont rememebr exactly but one of the fields ) to be unique, i.e, they should be shared only between the KEY And the Value Pair.

Have you done this?

Regards

Bhavesh