cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming standards and Common Messaging Model (CMM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have developed and enhanced naming standards for XI based on previous published SAP naming standards; and still face many issues around the best way to group and name objects within XI.

1st question - Has SAP released an updated version this year yet to help assist in the most important standards (use of SCV's)?

For example, one of our requirements is to implement a Common Message Model (CMM) approach to most interfaces which I'm sure cannot be unique. i.e. Using an open standards body schema as an interim message format like ISA-95 to decouple sender and receiver systems. Our approach to do this in XI is to create a CMM SCV and within a process orientated namespace, import the standard schema or create the message model.

The next general rule is to put message mappings into the receiver sender systems. Hence if the interface looks like Interface A -> CMM -> Interface B; the mapping from IFA->CMM resides in the CMM SCV, and CMM->IFB resides in IFB.

Finally, in this scenario the Interface mapping resides only in the IFB and includes a 2 step mapping (the 2 mm's above).

Any thoughts on how this approach can be improved?

Also, are there any negatives to be aware of by sticking to the rule that message mappings always reside in the receiver SCV?

Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For naming standards see the below link

Naming Conventions https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004455192006E/NameConventions.pdf

for CMM ; You would have to develop the actual model where in which satisfies all your requirements.

Say for example see the below link for a sample model

/people/himadri.chakraborty2/blog/2006/12/14/achieving-asbo-gbo-asbo-scenario-using-soap-adapter

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I think you have this naming standards in the ASAP methodology. We have used the same for the naming standards. Check it out:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000420636&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

One suggestion from my side is that check if SAP is providing this as a content...In whcih case the problem is resolved...for e.g. for HR Master data, SAP provides a standard content. All you need to do is add it when you want.

Or we can go by the method you suggested about creating a common SCV. But when it comes to mappings, i would not recommend any of the mappings to be in the common one unless and untill more than 3 interfaces are using the same.

Well...this is my view...Any comments are welcome