cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ2 Queue blockedu0085

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having problem with my Queues in XI. For example 10 messages are passing thru my XI system. In the 2nd one gets fails. Remaining 8 messages will be in Queue. We can see in SMQ2 transaction and manually we have to clear the queue in this transaction.

Is it possible to pass the remaining 8 messages without clearing the queue in SMQ2?

Thanks,

Jane.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jane,

we can repush the rest of the messages.

go to SMQ2->click on the error queue->click on the message that is causing the error->right click on the message-> click on "SAVE LUW".

now the message is saved and removed from the queue.

now go to SMQ3 there you will find your saved message.

now select the saved message ,right click on that and select "RESTORE LUW".

so the saved message will be put in a seperate queue for processing.

this should resolve your issue.

u need to repeat the process for any message ending with "SYSTEM FAILED".

remeber to restore saved failed message in SMQ3 if it has anty dependency on the successive messages like "INSERT" message then "UPDATE" message

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Is it possible to pass the remaining 8 messages

> without clearing the queue in SMQ2?

Nope Desirable, but Queues use FIFO and so until the first message is not cleared the next cannot be processed. You need to clear things manually.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

How abt if you have the same problem in production where you can't clear or delete first message and your queue keep growing?

Thx

N@v!n

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well in a production normally you have 2 options,

1. Enable CCMS based monitoring. Thereby any Queue in SYSFAIL and you get a Alert.

2. You schedule the report <b>RSARFCEX</b> that tries to restart the SYSFAIL messages stuck in any Queues.

More in this blog,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

The below link configuration will do the CCMS config or anything else have to follow.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Thanks,

Jane.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jabe,

This is for Message Based XI alerting. When a message has an error in XI, an alert is triggered.

The alert will not be triggered if the messages are stuck in Queue.

CCMS is a different concept and is used for Component Monitoring that can allow alerts to be triggered for Queue issues as well.Search on SDN for CCMS and you will find multiple blogs and articles on that. Have not tried to implement CCMS before though as it is normally a Basis Task.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh...

What about the queues that get stuck in the Adapter Engine? Suppose I am using

Adapter = JMS, QoS = EOIO and I created queue = Test_Q

Now at the receiver end I am using JDBC adapter, message successfully processed from Integration Server..but in AF the mesage get stuck because data is not valid for database or Target database is down, then offcourse after 3 attempts the first message will go in System Error (for AF). and rest of the messages will go in Holding state..how can I get an Alert at that time???

<b>Thanks & Regards,</b>

Farooq Farooqui.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Farroq,

The system error will trigger the alert in XI. And I guess thereafter the operations team would have to resend the System Error Message or cancel it so that the other messages can go through.

A issue with EOIO but again EOIO is all about ensuring the messages go in the sane order and so that is only so much XI can do.

The EOIO behavior of XI makes sense to me coz if business demands Sequential Processing of messages and one of them errors out, ( System Error ) then you will get a alerts for the System Error and you need to decide what needs to be done on that message.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the case of error's in the adapter framework you can use RWB - Alert configuration to raise adapter engine specific alerts for various types of adapters like JDBC, file etc.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for all you information.

Jane.