cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error! Unable to lock synchronization opertions for the master server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to mount a new repository and am getting the following error "Unable to lock synchronization operations for the master server". Has anyone had this problem before and how did you fix it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Dan,

It might be a "windows" like tip but did you try to restart mdm server service?

and try once more

Regards,

michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Is this an slave repository, for some other repository. Check it once and please let me know.

Or try and create a new repository for sample and check wether its also giving the same problem; if so delete your old repository and create a new one; i think so doing so your problem will be solved. and just a last word even check the port number for the repository.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Would you happen to be running MDM 5.5 SP5 patch 1 (build 5.5.41.x)?

It has a bug that intermittently prevents operations such as repository mounting with precisely the message you quoted. The bug was introduced in that patch and was fixed in MDM 5.5 SP5 patch 2 (build 5.5.42.x). A recommended workaround is to retry the failed operation a bit later.

Hope this helps,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

What version of the software are you running? Have you looked in the Server logs to see if there is any more information about the error? Is there another synchronization happening, or anything else on the server at this time? Was there a previous synchronization attempt that failed prior to this error occurring?

Thanks,

-cleo