cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problem in installing SAP netweaver 2004 on my windows xp.

when i try to run the setup,the following error occur to prevent me from futher installing :

An error occur during the installation of components SAP Netweaver sneak preview 04 support release 1> Migration - target system installation .

The following is the log file:

Error 5 (Zugriff verweigert

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (67), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\McAfeeFramework).

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\McAfeeFramework' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

The step setDefaults with step key J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|setDefaults was executed with status ERROR.

Could anyone pls give me a help.Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx........however, now in the SAP logon 6.4,i have a problem.how can i login into this gui??

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am sorry that my conputer knowledge ist very limited.i just click on the icon on the extracted folder to install.I do not choose any installation option.

Could u pls tell me a better way to install...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am installing on my windows xp .

I have uninstall my antivirus and also installed j2sdk already.However,the error is still there....

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please verify you JAVA_HOME environment variable.

If you are doing a fresh new install from a sneek preview, I don't think migration should be the good option to install it...

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing this software on my own laptop.I am not working in a company...

besides,there is another message that appears in the log file:

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host hihi-0f66ec2b6f, port 21212 to continue with the installation

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if using Windows :

Right click on my computuer, manager, then users and local groups.

In the administrators group, add your login.

Then disable or uninstall your antivirus.

Try again.

Did you install j2sdk before installing?

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its simple, the installation is waiting to open the gui.

<i>guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host hihi-0f66ec2b6f, port 21212 to continue with the installation</i>

Once you get this message, just open the installation folder again and execute <i>startinstgui</i>, you will get a screen, where you can enter your host name as hihi-0f66ec2b6f and port 21212 and press login.

On doing this, you installation will proceed.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry ,because i do not understand what is administrator rights.I just log on into mz computer as usual and uninstall all antivirus software.However,the problem still the same...what should i do ??

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ask you domain/system administrator to add you to your computer administrators group.

Brad

brad_landry2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like your are not loggued as local admin, or your have some antivirus problem, as not enough permissions. You may be affected by a Antivirus GPO.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have administrator rights to your machine?

Stop the virus scan and try continueing your installation...

Regards,

Venkat