Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to others Session

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying to change a role in PFCG . when i entered into change mode .. it Says this role locked by xyz user and that user is on leave. by mistake he left it in change mode. so how do i kill his secession to allow me into change mode?

if i kill the secession .. is the user will be logged of from the system or only will end his current secession like his pfcg will end ? curious to know

Thanks

SR

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can kill the user's session with SM04 - that may free the locked role. If not then go to SM12 to unlock the locked role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can delete lock entries using SM12. Search and read on SM12.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The best thing would be go to ST04 and select the session and end . this wont log off user xyz from system is he has multiple sessions opned. It is always a good practice to maintain parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout to some meaningful value.It will end the user session which is inactive for the given time

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

where should I maintain rdisp/gui_auto_logout .

Thanks

SR

0 Kudos

you can do that thru program RSPARAM.

0 Kudos

You can put this the Dfault profile , Use RZ10

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

You can't maintain the parameter through program RSPARAM - you can only display. Use tcode RZ10 or RZ11 - RZ11 displays it and then you can change the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you select the user id in SM04 and double click on the id - it will show you all the sessions - select the session that is locking the role and you can kill it without affecting the user's other sessions.