are to be done/developments to be made?

Regards

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The BBP_WFL_SECURITY paramter in the Personalisation tab of the ROLE assigned to a user only determines whether the Approval Workflow is to be restarted when the Changes are made to the SC by that User.

So you need not do any other changes/development in your WF/BADI.Just change the value of this paramter in tcode PFCG for the User role to get the desired results when changes are made to the SC.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

I will explain in detail what system does when the security is set to 'Medium'.

For example if you have got shopping cart which has (one step ) workflow , if the approver of the shopping cart is having security level of '2' (medium).

If the approver makes changes the shopping cart , and if the system has to start (two step) workflow because of the changes made.

the starting workflow after the change is different from the initial workflow.

Then system would restart the workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>System checks workflow start condition.</b>

<u><b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/37/830b3b7e7ef74de10000000a114084/frameset.htm</b></u>

Also You can search information in the <b>http://help.sap.com</b> .

<u>For the WF restart consider paramater BBP_WFL_SECURITY that you can assign to users either in their role definition (tab personalization in PFCG), or in BADI BBP_WFL_SECURE_BADI</u>

This parameter has 4 possible values:

1(no): the user cannot change the SC during approval

2(low): the user can change the SC, changes leads to WF restart all the time

3(medium): the user can change the SC, and the WF is restarted only if the starting conditions leads to another WF

4(high): The user can change the SC and the WF continues without restarting.

Please check the BBP_WFL_SECURITY parameter of the user using Transaction PFCG.

Display the role and check the personalization tab.

For change documents to be submitted to WF again you should choose the option 2:Low WF is always restarted when changes are made

In the shopping cart approval workflow - WS14000133, when the total value of the shopping cart is changed, it goes always back to to the requester to "accept changes". After this step you can define the workflow to restart or continue to the next approver by setting the parameter BBP_WFL_SECURITY on the role or user (tab personalization).

This parameter allow a user to change a SC during approval and define if the workflow should restart or not. You should set it up on requester and approver roles to medium or high to avoid the workflow to restart.

<b>Please ensure you have configured the WF - WS14000133, correctly. Here are the steps for that -</b>

1.Maintain prefix numbers
2.Maintain Standard Settings for SAP Business Workflow
3.Activate Standard Tasks
4.Perform Task-Specific Customizing
*I configured the WS10000060.
5.Define Conditions for Starting Workflows
6.Maintain Org.
*Assign user (manager role) to org. 
Manager has red hat.

<b>Hope this will definitely help.</b>

Do let me know, incase you need any other details.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that when the value of the SC is changed the WS14000133 is always reastarted irrespective of the BBP_WFL_SECURITY.

When BBP_WFL_SECURITY is set to high there is no restart of workflows,

when the value is changed the SC appears in the inbox of the requisitoner for him to accept or reject the changes.

At the same WFL is not restarted the WFL moves aheads to <i>next</i> approver !!!!

This is wrong as the Workflow should not move ahead to the the next approver and same time appear with the requsitioner.

When I set the the discussed paramter to low , the WFL restarts for any change.

For value change the workflow does restart. That is fine as it doen't go to first approver.

But for other change(other than value) it restarts with it appearing the inbox of the requisitioner as well as the with the first approver.

I expect that the workflow to move ahead except value (amt) changes. What changes would you suggest in this case?

Regards

Sachin