cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client export and import with transport requests created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear basis gurus,

Here i am having a senario that we want to shift out dev server existing in a tower server 32 bit to a high configuration 64 bit server. We have two dev clients in the old system. In that they need only the configuration of one client-200 (and do not want the another client configuration-100). Along with that they need the transport requests created(in 200) too.

When i did client export/import with SAP_CUST, All customization have effected in the new client in the new server. Now the transport requests are not released in the old server, are also to be shifter to new client.

What is the method I should follow? Whether I should go for system copy and delete the unwanted client or any other method?

The new server is with the same host name and SID/sys no ... but 64 bit and both are in same patch level.

If i just detatch the data/log files from the new server and attach the data/log files of the old server wil solve the issue. Kindly suggest!!!!

Regards

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to do a detach from the 32bit SQL server and an attach to the 64bit server. Once the system is attached, delete the unwanted client.

If you need the transports still, copy the co and data files from source to destination server.

Client export/import is not a supported method for copying systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a DB restore and then delete the unwanted client from the new server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

I dont think so in system copy you will be able to carry the request,

You can go for a Full Database Backup with latest Transactional Log backkup of the existing Server and Restore it in the new server.

regards,

balaji.s