Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Theme for Java Applications

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

We're Developing Java Applications which are running within portal, even with Portal Authorization.

The main problem with this kind applications is that they are coded fully with Java and not integrated with Portal Theme automatically .

We need to know, if there is a guideline which describes Java Applications Portal Theme Integration.

We need to know the portal stylesheet elements to use withing Java applications.

best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Huesyin,

Check the link below.

Though this example talks more about WebDynpro, you may use the same with your Java Application too.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

It is easy to use Portal Theme for WD apps, within or outside portal. We've no problem with WD Apps as we can set the WD Iview to use Portal Theme when using within portal. And also set the defalut.theme propery for WD apps with configTool to use specific theme when using outside portal.

My problem is specifically with Java Apps. As Java HTML UI elements are created with custom HTML codes, we've to define ID or CLASS property for each element. But what are those IDs, CLASSes?

Is there any documentation about them. Do I have to dig CSS files to get IDs&CLASSes?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am assuming you are trying to make your application look like a portalised app. there is no documentation on the style sheets provided...a simple way would be to take the styke sheet from the portal apps and make use of the ID defined in them.

P.S: Kindly assign points if your query is resolved, also close the question to assist other users narrow the search and find solutions