cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP Release from infoprovider to ERP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everone,

I want to use only Demand Planning, without other apo modules.

With transaction /SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP I wan to transfer the demand plan to create independent requirements in ECC. If the material does not exist as product in the SCM an error is raised. Does this mean that the material has to exist in SCM as product, or is there a tric to avoid to cif all the materials?

Thanks for your remarks

Jean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jean -

How are you planning to upload the history into DP? if you are using an excel file, then the best way to verify whether the product that you are uploading the history is to verify it against the products available in APO. for that purpose you need to CIF the products to APO. it will avoid any errors in regarding to material master not available for the material been forecasted and transferred to R/3 from APO.

This is what i used in my previous project where we were uploading the history and verifying the material against the products available in APO.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

History is loaded via BW extractions into SCM cubes and then loaded into planning area. I have used 0material and 0plant as info objects (in order to make navigational attributes available). Up till now I did not need to load any material masterdata via CIF. But for transferring the demand plan as independent requirements it seemes to be unavoidable. I'm a little surprised because the transfer is done from an infocube. With the CIF we get another process to take care of.

Thanks for your respons.

Jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jean -

APO is dependent on R/3 for Master Data and Transactional data(that cannot be created in APO like sales orders and so on).

DP does not depend on master data that you CIF from R/3. but when you are transferring the data from BW to R/3 you need to verify the data that you are transferring (forecast as independent requirements for the material you forecasted in APO) you need to verify the data that you transfer from BW into R/3 as R/3 is the central database for all kind of master data and transactional data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Documentation indicates that products and locations are prerequisites in SAP APO to release forecast to ERP.

This link shows the prerequisites:

Transfer of the Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marin,

the link you gave refers to the transfer process via activities, planningbooks and massprocessing based on planning area.

With /sapapo/rel_to_oltp you can use an infoobject as source instead of planning area.

Assuming that you will put the planning data in an info cube for reporting and/or backup you can use this cube for transferring independent requirements.

But it looks like both methods need apo masterdata.

Regards

Jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

In version 5 you have two methods to release demand to ERP system directly from planning area or release from an infoprovider. You have to fulfill the prerequisites independently which one you want to use.

Regards.

Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

You have mentioned two methods to release the forecast data to r/3..

can u tell me how to relaese it from pllnnaig area to r/3