cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taxinn/taxinj?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi iam appearing for interviews, and i have doubt we have two pricing procedures in FI AND SD also. pls tell me at present which pricing procedure should be used TAXINJ or TAXINN. and in SD pricing procedure which should be used JINFACT or JFACT. pls tell me bcz some are telling TAXINJ some r TAXINN. what i have to tell in interview if they asked specifically about pricing procedure

i will reward

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

TAXINJ/TAXINN are the two different pricing procedure used in CIN.

TAXINN only supports condition-based excise determination, whereas TAXINJ supports condition-based excise determination and formula-based excise determination.

Both tax procedures contain condition types that cover all of the excise duties and sales taxes applicable.

Since the exact rates of excise duty can vary on a large number of factors, such as which vendor you purchase a material from, or which chapter ID the vendor stocks the material under, you create condition records for every sort of excise duty.

When you come to enter a purchasing document, the system applies the excise duty at the rates you have entered in the condition records.

DIFFERENCE TAXINJ & TAXINN

TAXINJ & TAXINN are Tax Procedures in India. TAXINJ is old version & TAX INN is new version. Both has its own advantage & disadvantage.

Upto 4.6C & partially 4.7 version of SAP, TAXINJ was used. TAXINJ is formula based calculation, in which we maintain the tax rate in Tax Code itself. The implication is that if say we are having product range such that say Excise rate differes for separate chapter ID, VAT, CST & permutation & combination of these, we require that many Tax Codes. For example:

Tax Code: A1

Taxes: 16% Excise Duty + 2% Education Cess + 12% VAT

Tax Code: A2

Taxes: 16% Excise Duty + 2% Education Cess + 8% VAT

Tax Code: A3

Taxes: 12% Excise Duty + 2% Education Cess + 12% VAT

Tax Code: A3

Taxes: 12% Excise Duty + 2% Education Cess + 8% VAT

From 4.7 version onwards of SAP, TAXINN is being recommended & used. TAXINN is more user friendly & condition record based. In TAXINN, Tax Codes are statistical & of not much relevance, but are required to be maintained in condition record for taxes condition type. This makes Tax Codes simpler. The implication is that if say we are having product range such that say Excise rate differes for separate chapter ID, VAT, CST, we need not have the tax codes to that combination. For example:

Tax Code: A1

Can be used for any rate of excise duty, as tax code is only required to be maintained statistically in condition record.

Tax Code: A2

Can be used for any rate of VAT, as tax code is only required to be maintained statistically in condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

TAXINJ is formula based where the tax rates are maintained as percentage in Tax code maintenance and in Chapter ID maintenance.

whereas,

TAXINN is condition based; here the rates of taxes are maintained in condition records for different access combinations.

In the current scenario TAXINN should be used due to the following:

a) TAXINN will help to decrease the number of tax codes to be maintained. This will help in end user having less problem in selecting the tax code.

b) Manual intervention will be less and well controlled.

c) Using TAXINN will benefit in implementation of SAP new dimension products.

JINFACT should be used.

Hope the above information helps you. Best Wishes for your interview.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya