cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SLIC105 - install new licence key for MiniSAP NSP SP8, Win XP Home

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I successfully installed the MiniSAP NSP (ABAP) SP8 in april 2007 (90 day trial version). I forgot to request a new 90 license key in time. The temporary licence was ended on 13th of July.

Yesterday I requested and received a new license key for my patch level (NSP SP 8):

SAPSYSTEM = NSP

HARDWARE-KEY = X1740239316

INSTNO = DEMOSYSTEM

EXPIRATION = 20071125

LKEY = DB68HAL7VEVCTXQHNP5H5BAB

SYSTEM-NR = 000000000310612385

When pressing button "Install" in t.code SLICENSE (cl.000, logged in with sap*) I receive after approx 1,5 minute the following error message:

Invalid license key

Message no. SLIC105

I have filled in the following in the Install-popup in SLICENSE:

SAPSYSTEM = NSP

Inst.number = DEMOSYSTEM

HARDWARE-KEY = X1740239316

SYSTEM-NR =

EXPIRES ON = 25.11.2007

KEY = DB68HAL7VEVCTXQHNP5H5BAB

I am using Windows XP Home. I am logged on as Administrator on the computer.

I have switched off Norton Antivirus while performing the installation via SLICENSE.

I am connected to Internet when performing the installation of the license key.

I have tried to change the system date backwards (before the end-day for the temp.license) and tried to install the new license key, but this failed as well.

When logging off the computer, I receive an error saying something like:

Instruction on adress 0xb379a173 could not be read. ... Memory could not be "read".

I Only receive this message at shut down, when having tried to install the new license key for MiniSAP - not otherwise.

I have tried this several times, by ordering several license keys. I always get exactly the same errors.

In the log-book I can see:

TrueVector driver: Driver install or load failure: LoadNTDeviceDriver. Win32 error: Not possible to find the file.

It seems like I am missing a file in my OS, but which file and how do I get this file? Or does anybody else have another idea for how to solve this?

Kind regards

Viveka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Viveka,

As you asked I write the answer here again. Perhaps it serves as reference for other user that experience the same issue:

Have you filled the field system number during your prolongation license request? Usually you have to fill this fiel if you have already requested another license. The value can be found in transaction SLICENSE when you look at the previous installed license there is a column System Number.

If you have not entered a value during your request, no problem:

Just log in using SAP*, delete the old license in transaction SLICENSE by right-click-> Delete and install your new license. I'm not sure, propably you have to restart the SAP system after removing the old license.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

In the system number.field it is written "System No.Empty" (Current license is the

first templicense). I have therefore always left this field empty when filling in the

request form for new license key on www.sap.com/minisap.

I tried to logon to cl.000 with user sap*, marked the row (templicense row), right-clicked and then choosed "Delete License" from the list.

I then received a message saying:

"Only the administrator is allowed to delete licenses. When the valid system licenses has expired, only the user SAP* can log on to the system. In this case, it would be dangerous to delete a license. This is why the user SAP* is never

allowed to delete a license." !!

However, since I haven't started developing yet in NSP and was prepared to re-install everything if nothing worked out, I thought I better try first with debugging the SLICENSE program after selecting "Delete license" in order to "manipulate" the check giving the message above. It worked - the old templicense was deleted!

I restarted the system and tried to install the new license key according to instructions found on SDN: System number should not be filled, the thread said, so I left the field System number empty in the installation pop-up. I still received the same error SLIC105 - invalid license key.

Finally, I tried to fill in the system number received in the mail from SAP anyway -

and now it works !! The new license was installed and it's possible to login with

other users again.

Thank you very much Klaus for giving me the encouragement to remove the old

license key. If I had not received your recommendation, I would never have dared

to think of removing the old license key before installing the new one.

Best regards

Viveka

Message was edited by:

Viveka Schwartz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Keller,

I have almost a same problem during instatllation of extented license. The file from SAP NSP.txt pop-up all the time error messages. Then I followed the steps below and deleted the old license so that I have only the license from installation. I ordered a new NSP file without systemnumber because the old one is 'INITIAL_SYSTEM_IDX'. When I start to install the new license I got the error :

'Line 1 of the license key file: "--Begin of SAP License--" expected "

Do you know what kind of problem it is?

Regards and thanks

Jörg

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you request a <b>new</b> license - that is 'NSP - SAP NetWeaver 2004s (SP9 and higher)', you receive a file NSP.txt. If you look into this text file, it should start with:

----- Begin SAP License -----

Is this true in your case? If you have no such file, you have to choose 'Old License' in the transaction SLICENSE and enter the license values manually.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, it works now as I entered manually because I had SP8 version.

Regards

Jörg

Answers (0)