cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to refresh a quality system without losing some customizing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus...

Our functional team wants to refresh data on the ECC Quality system, by copying it from the ECC Productive system. But, at the same time, they are developing some projects and configuring some new SAP modules on the QUA system and they don't want that information to be destroyed by the copy.

I'm thinking of using transaction SCC8 to do the job (client export) at the PRD system and then, import the requests on the QUA system. However, I don't know what profile I should use to copy only data between systems.

Can you help me on this?

What profile should I use on SCC8?

Or... is there another way to do this?

Thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

Yes obviosuly it depends on existing production Database size.

If its really small enough the go ahead with client export / import.

You use SAP_ALL for export / import.

Once the Client is imported in QUA then you can copy all the customized objects SAP_CUST from the existing client.

That should solve your problem.

If in case you do a system copy still you have to do this customised object copy to the copied system from existing QUA.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

Please refer to the mote :-

Note 12639 - Client copy between 2 systems: Different nametabs

and

Note 22514 - CC-INFO: Error analysis for client copy

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Two points here:

1. I would recommend doing system copy unless you have some additional client on QA which are not present in production are needed.

2. In case you want to go for data then you need to choose either SAP_ALL or SAP_APPL profiles.

I would however prefer system copy particulariy if database is large : several hundred Gigs or more.

Regards.

Ruchit.