cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like to confirm below,

in SU01, Parameters tab, what is the parameter value column for? is the anything like below

'A' - user can store both standard and user-specific variants. 'X' - usercan only store standard variants. 'U' - user can only store user-specific variants.

please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

During an MM implmentation for example the Sec Admin could create known default values for plant #.

This way, it would pre-fill value of plant # ($WERKS) when screens are called.

Parameters do not give user authority, that is still called and checked by abap code.

Further note that end users, can change this via SU3 or System/User Profile/Own Data.

However, I do NOT recommend the use of SU3 or "Own data" since users can change other data like their name.

I recommend giving users SU52 for parameters, and SU0 for printer selection.

Hope this helps,

- Randa @ Fujitsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

in SU01 -> parameter is using if any function keep allways.

i will give one example:

it means suppose i want to check T-code MIRO in this t code i want to check caluculate tax

select this and press F1 then click technical info in that parameter id note down and come to SU01 and select parameter tab in here i will give and give in front of that X save come out.

when i will enter MIRO caluculate tax box will automatically tick appear.

thjis is the benefit of parameter tab in SU01

i hope this will helps you

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specifies a default value for a field for the parameter. The value is only valid for the current user.

If you specify a value for the parameter, this value is always defaulted when the user displays the field.

If the user enters a new value in the field, the new value is only kept during the session. For the value held in the user master record to come into effect again, save the parameter.

For Example:

A user only has authorization for company code 0001. This company code is stored in memory at the beginning of a transaction under the corresponding parameter ID. Fields that refer to the data element are automatically filled with the value 001 in all subsequent screen templates.