cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web SAP Console - Mapping Function Keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a server with WebSAPConsole. I have menus, queues, and custom transactions/abap built and ready to go. I have also configured profiles to map to the right menus in R/3.

I am running into problems where the function keys don't seem to work properly. I saw another stream here in this forum where the individual had mentioned using CTRL + a number to mimic the actual pressing of the function key. That seems to get me past the problem IE.

I have not yet decided on specific scanning hardware. I just know it will be a PocketPC device.

Questions:

1) Is there any specific programming that needs to be done on the device to facilitate this function key mapping? I understand that transfor.xsl is supposed to provide that feature???

2) Is there any other specific setup related to the server or specific handheld devices I need to be aware of outside of what I have done with IIS and the Admin tool?

It looks like most of our transactions will end up being custom, as only a couple of the delivered transactions seem to work for us. We have several sites that are IM, and of the WM locations, none use HU mgmt.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Chip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please reference OSS note: 829413. Also, I am sending you some additional information that might help. Please see the link: http://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=1GWQMDH62XEELUBM65NGLYMIGSAAZNC6FVE57I9PC4FRFUP...

Regards,

Patti

Message was edited by: Patricia Gardner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have the same problem, wether I am using an Intermec CK31 or 751 or Symbol 9000, the PF Key simply does not work. I have to use a compination of Ctrl+ number digit, which a bit anoying with a box in your hand.

Is there a way to make these key work normally? I have tried to look at the file you have posted but it is no longer available, can you post it again?

Thanks. Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Similar to others on this chain we have a gap in application integration information available to our team concerning the mapping of function keys in a SAP Web Console WM application. Is it possible to re-instate this link/materials as a possible source of input. Thank-you. Ive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody who knows how to get access to the F-keys press in the browser in the ABAP program ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did anyone solve it up to now?

Thanks

Andreas

Message was edited by: Andreas Kuther

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas!

We use Naurtech Software for our customers whenever there is a request to activate the Function Keys in the WebSAP Console transactions.You might have to explore that option.

http://www.naurtech.com

If you have any more questions, pl open a new topic.

Let me know.

Thx

Gisk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one already solved the problem regarding to the usage of function keys over the RF terminal, other than the naurter third party software.. I will greatly appreaciate your help or guide Thanks.

Regards,

Mervyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia, is it possible to "post" the content of the link you provided to this Forum. It is no longer available and it seems there are quite a few people interested in its contents.