cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF file transfer writing target file with the same source file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I want to transfer a PDF file from a SOURCE folder to a TARGET folder. My problem is that I want the target pdf file has the same name of the source pdf file. How can I do this? I have to look for some parameters in the sender or receiver channels?

Thanks to all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

follow this blog - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful,

but I don't want to modify the XML payload or the Mapping. There is another way?

Thanks!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dnt have to - ref: /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gabriel, you don't have to do any modification.

In your sender file adapter just check the ckeckbox for enable Adapter Specific Message Attributes...

In your receiver file adapter, check Enable Adapter Specific Message Attributes and select filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

If you want to FTP the pdf file from source to target directory, use this blog. It doesn't require any IR devlopment.

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Also, In sender and receiver comm channels select "Set/Use Adapter specific message attributes" and "File Name" to get the same file name in the target directory.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the file adapter you have an option called Use Adapter Specific Message Attributes. When you check this option you get an option of file name.choose that option.

Regards,

Kumar.

P.S:Reward Points if helpful!!!!