cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 RFC -> XI -> HTTP, all Synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am spinning my wheels trying to get started on an XI scenario whereby we will make an external RFC call from R/3 (wait for reply) and the call will flow through XI and out via HTTP to a trading partner that will receive the synchronous HTTP post and then respond. I need XI to receive the HTTP response and then answer R/3's initial call. Will I need to use BPM to get the RFC "wait" functionality? If so, are there BPM examples other than the Krishna Moorthy file-to-file weblog? And what should scenario look like in Integration Directory? Can someone who has done a similar scenario give me some help? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

You need not use "wait" step of BPM, infact you can even check the possibility of not using BPM if your scenario does not have any complex process in between.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Your scnearios doesnt need a BPM. You could do a simple synchronous scenario. Here are the steps you need to do

1. RFC -> XI

you could use rfc adapter for making the initial call from RFC to XI. You need to have a registered program(SM59 tcpip connections , to XI)

2. In XI import your RFC. Use the RFC as outbound interface.

3. Define an inbound interface, with a message type expected by ur trading patner

4. do interface and message mapping in Repository/Design

5. In Config/Directory define RFC outbound(sender) adaptor with the registerd program, host name etc

define inbound(reciever)SOAP adapter with the url of

the trading patner, and soap action

or

define a plain http adapter(reviecer)with the post

information to the trading partner url.

This whole scenario is synchronous.

Hope it helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

I need more help on step 4.

I have a message mapping for the sender to xi (RFC to XML conversion), but need to know how to handle the xml reply from the vendor and get it back into the rfc reply format. Should I have two Message Mapping and two Interface mappings? Do I need a new Data Type, Message Type and Message Interface for this second map?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi keith,

yes you will need one interface mapping for handling request and one for handling response. You will have to create a data type for the response.

You could then map the response to the imported z_rfc

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for getting back.

And should I have two sets of Interface Determinations, Receiver Determintions, Receiver/Sender Agreements (one for the outbound and one for the inbound)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes !!!

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have this working now. Is it right to have 3 communication channels for this synchronous scenario (versus just one for the R/3 side)? I have one for the RFC from R/3, one for the synchronous HTTP connection to my vendor, and one for the RFC back into R/3.