cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple value set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am extending one view, on this view there are two inputfields are defined with f4 help. I have added another input field, and have to add f4 help button ( i tried to do the same as other two fields are defined )

I looked into the wdinit method, and found something like this:

IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo = wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute("FileName");

ISimpleTypeModifiable fileNameType = attributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo1 = wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute("ReportType");

ISimpleTypeModifiable reportTypeType = attributeInfo1.getModifiableSimpleType();

IWDMessageManager msgMgr = this.wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getMessageManager();

Zport_Get_Tables_Input input = new Zport_Get_Tables_Input();

fileNameType.setFieldLabel("File");

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet = fileNameType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for (int i = 0; i < wdContext.nodeZrpt_Table().size(); i++)

{

valueSet.put(wdContext.nodeZrpt_Table().getZrpt_TableElementAt(i).getTabname(), wdContext.nodeZrpt_Table().getZrpt_TableElementAt(i).getDdtext());

}

valueSet.sort(true, true, true);

wdContext.currentContextElement().setFileName(wdContext.nodeZrpt_Table().currentZrpt_TableElement().getTabname());

// Set field label and populate valueset

reportTypeType.setFieldLabel("Type");

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet1 = reportTypeType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for (int i = 0; i < wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().size(); i++)

{

valueSet1.put(wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().getZrpt_TypeElementAt(i).getDomvalue_L(), wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().getZrpt_TypeElementAt(i).getDdtext());

}

valueSet1.sort(true, true, true);

wdContext.currentContextElement().setReportType(wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().currentZrpt_TypeElement().getDomvalue_L());

Can any one pls make me sure, if this is simple value set, if yes, I want to read and understand this svs, is there any good documentation, which describes svs ( so that first I can make the concepts and then try to implement the input fields )

Thanks and kind regard,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved,; opening new thread for RFC calling for inputfield f4 help....

Regards,

Message was edited by:

Shah H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

Go thru this.. U can get an idea abt SVS..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/ed5ceef6604b41bbacee5dcd153a7b/content.htm

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c6/a5d4a523bf4b4c9085a114e46c6ed3/content.htm">SVS</a>

URs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

please also let me know if the code which I pasted is using SVS ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

This is SVS created in runtime...

URs GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sathishkumar,

Thanks yaar for your input;

I think I also want to know, for display f4 help, do I need to attatch a table with this node ( the table which I should have to bring from back-end system ? or I have to call RFC which attatch a table with this node ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For <b>SVS</b>, you will be using the <b>DropDown</b> UI Element.

For <b>EVS</b>, you will be using the <b>InputField</b> UI Element.

Here, the code is creating valuesets at runtime. If you are using <b>DropDownByKey</b> to show these data,it is <b>SVS</b>.

If you are using <b>InputField</b>, then it is <b>EVS</b>.

If the number of elements is around 30 use SVS, if greater, use EVS.

regards,

Prabhkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhakar,

In view I have input fields, so it is EVS ?

Can you pls link me to any good documentaion ( where steps by steps description given what to do inorder to achieve EVS ) ?

I suppose I have to call a RFC too ?

Regards,

Message was edited by:

Shah H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20java/wd%20tutorials/value%20help%20in%20web%20dynpro%20applications.pdf">Link</a>.

If you are using Backend Data. Get the data, and place them in valueset, as done in the above code.

i.e. in this part...

for (int i = 0; i < wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().size(); i++)

{

valueSet1.put(wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().getZrpt_TypeElementAt(i).getDomvalue_L(), wdContext.nodeZrpt_Type().getZrpt_TypeElementAt(i).getDdtext());

}

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this docu I have already found, thanks...

I just have to know how I can call the RFC inorder to take the table which I have to assign on f4 help ( the table which will be displayed when user clicks on f4 help )

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

okey, I can display the input field with f4 help button (how ever instead of showing 40, it shows only 1 entry).

for (int i = 0; i < 40 ; i++)

{

valueSet2.put("key_" + i, "Country " +i );

}

valueSet2.sort(true, true , true);

wdContext.currentContextElement().setVarname("Key_0");

Now I have to call the RFC with appropriate values, and bring the table inorder to display in f4 help.

Is there any example avaiable ?

Regards,

Message was edited by:

Shah H

Message was edited by:

Shah H