cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM problem -delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I have a problem with Sales BOM where both main item (TAQ) and sub-item (TAE) are relevant for pricing & billing but inventory is maintained only at main item level (TAQ).Though the subitems are not relevant for picking etc they are required in the delivery document for certain outputs which require both main and sub item.

The issue is that I want both main item and sub items to be delivered always together. But in VL01N, when the user by mistake he selects only the line items which are sub items, the system is allowing to create delivery and do billing for the same. Is there any way to prevent the creation of deliveries for sub-items alone? Always both main item and sub item have to be delivered together.

Looking forward to your valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VOV7 - select item category "TAQ" - in the Bill of material / configuration section there is a field "create delivery group". Here maintain "X - form delivery group with one delivery date". Save the settings.

Now the system will try to determine the schedule line based on the latest delivery date of any item in the delivery group. Suppose for eg: there are 3 items in the main item. Item 5 will be available only on 05/09/2007. So the system will not allow the delivery to take place unless and until all the items in the delivery group are available.

Reward points if solution helps.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patil

Thanks for your response. I tried that too but it doesn't work. In my case, the main item is relevant for pricing ,inventory & billing and the sub-items relevant for delivery but not picking and also relevant for billing (sub items are non-stk items).

The system is allowing to create deliveries only for the subitems in VL01N by when only line items pertaining to sub items alone are selected. How to prevent this?

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I know this sounds really funny but try out with "Free goods". Since you can change the settings of IC in VOV7, make the sub-items (free goods) relevant for pricing and billing.

So while determining free goods in VBN1 (exclusive), there's a field to the extreme right of screen (FG dely), there you can choose "Delivery with main item only" option.

Well, I hope this would provide you with some clues. Reward points if so.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier

We do not have Free Goods in our scenario and hence we cannot define any free goods conditions in VBN1.. Any other alternative?

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Friend

U maintained delivery group in item category of sales documents or in sales order

so both the items delivery at atime

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend

I maintained delivery group as "X" in the item category of the main item i.e. TAQ which is relevant for BOM explosion along with its sub items (TAE).

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create delivery separately for main item and sub-item and remove the BOM for main item if exists. And also change the item category from ERLA to NORM in material master for the main material.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikanth

Thanks for your response. I cannot create two delivereis one for main item and one for delivery. The delivery whenever it is created it has to be main item alonwith the subitem only and it should not allow the USER to create deliveries with subitems only.

Regards,

Mohan

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove tan in default item cat or DLN in default del item