cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I am using SRM Server 5.0, and according to note 672960 the user defined fields are now being added to the structures INCL_*.

I have added the tax jurisdiction code to my shopping carts, and this works fine. In SRM the tax jur code is also being copied to the PO, but in the backend the tax jur code is not the same. It seems to be just the jur code being determined from the plant's address, because even when I successfully change the ship to party address and region in SRM, this is also sent to R/3 - but still the jur code is not correct, and seems to be based on the plant again.

When using the INCL structures to include user defined fields, have you made any other changes as to getting them correctly into R/3? In my case the tax jur code is standard in R/3, so I just need to figure out how to get this overwritten by the tax jur code being sent from SRM.

Thanks for info, gyus.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you may like to check for your business partner used in the SC which jur. code it has been assigned. You can check using transaction BP and you will be able to see the code in the address section.

Is there still a need to setup the jur code as customer field? The reason is because if the jur code field is standard in R/3, your customer field will not be able to map it correctly to the standard field since the field name are definitely different. You will need to map it correctly in the BADI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI since i assumed you are using ECS.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

In the BP, my business partner has no jur code assigned.

Before tax jur codes can work in SRM, you have to use a user defined field for them as I can understand from both SAP and here in SDN. And it works fine in SRM, where the user can select from a drop down list the entries possible - but I need this field to be sent to R/3.

How would you use tax jur codes in SRM and to R/3 without the user defined fields? I am very qurious, because I tried to find an easy solution for these tax jur codes, but it doesn't seem to be that simple. Still seems strange to me, that American tax jurisdictions aren't standard in SAP and that they require user defined fields.

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic is the jur code for the ship-to, ship from will be first extracted from the SRM BP. However, it is possibility that field is empty since the field content may be dynamic when the address is changed. Hence it may not make sense to hardcode the code.

So if above is correct, then you have no choice but to use the BADI for the mapping.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the scenario of implementation?

You can write the mapping code in method FILL_PO_CREATE1_INTERFACE of BADI BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK.

Map the field CT_POITEM-TAXJURCODE to that of IT_CUF_ITEM-ZTAXJURCODE.

Also update the indicator in CT_POITEMX.

It will over write the SRM taxjcd value into the R/3 field.