cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up development environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am searching for a guide that will explain how to setup the development environment.

I am mostly interested in knowing how to:

- setup the central development server in order to do track development

- setup of developper PC.

I need to know for each what exact software to get.

Antoine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you seen the documentation of NetWeaver Development Infrastructure? I think there're quite helpful resources there. See the description of the "development with a track" scenario <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/96/5cc5d7a3e741d3905e37d460c4d8c3/frameset.htm">here</a> and the corresponding tutorial <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/384c4005a99523e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">here</a>.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

This does not answer my questions or not completely.

Regarding the developper PC, I understand there is a need to install NDS and Local WAS;

Where can I find that on service market place? What's the product name? I am having trouble finding that.

Then is there any extra setup on the server side, like to activate the CMS or anything like that.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Antonine,

the following is the path for the NDS.

1) Installations and Upgrades-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 04

2) NW04 SR1 SAP NW DEVELOPER STUDIO 2.0

Download the JDI from SMP and deploy in Central J2EE Server.

Patch level should be same for all.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

And for local J2EE server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonine,

You will get WAS installable under SAP Netweaver04 node only.

Download that and install as for local J2ee server.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a release note or an installation guide that explain how to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the Netweaver Stack 12 Guide.

Local Server should be at the same level of NDS

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't find anything obvious here, sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find this at

http://service.sap.com/instguidesNW04 > Operation -> Cross-NW

Support Package Stack Guide - SP stack 12

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I look at the sneak preview, there was something easy to install. Now I am confursed if I need to say to developpers that they need to take binary from 5 places in order to install their loacl workspace.

I amange to install NetWeeaver developper studio for a long time. For the local WAS, I have trouble to find my way.

Antoine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will mainly be for J2EE development (including Web dynpro). I think people will know how to setup the ABAP parts.

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

For your requirement you have to have JDI installed on one system.

It will provide all functionality like certral developement and central storage of data, It also provides track development for any Software component.

Then, you should have development system, consolidation system, test system and production system in place. All these system requires minimum WAS 6.40 Java stack.

Then difine in your track which would be your Development, consolidation, testing and production systems.

For developers machine, It requires NDS and Local WAS with JAVA stack. The version for all WAS server should be the same.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Development for what? EP, R/3, BSP, Web Dynpro, ITS? Can you be a bit more specific?