cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating to another iView using Portal Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Hope you guys can help me, so here goes. I have a Web Dynpro application that displays a table with items in the SAP Portal (We are implementing an xRPM solution). When I select one of the items, I want to click a button that then navigates to the specific iView displaying that item's information.

I think I should use l_api_componentcontroller->get_portal_manager( ) to access the portal manager and then the navigate_absolute function to do this

The problem is, I have now idea what parameters to pass to the iView, or to determine what parameters to pass to this iView.

This functionality is already implemented in another part of the portal, where u simply click on an item in the list on another iView, and it then transports you to the item details page

Thanks in advance

Johan Kriek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

For the absolute address you should code something like:

"ROLES://portal_content/.../../../<webdynpro Iview>'

the "../../.../" is depending on the path used in the PCD.

Probably you want to supply some parameters as well (e.g. Ordernumber) in order to show the details of the specific item.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply John.

I found the address for the path used in the PCD. How do I send parameters to the other iView however?

Without sending the parameters, I simply get an empty screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Like this:

zls_parameter-key = 'IV_VBELN'.

zls_parameter-value = zls_order-vbeln.

INSERT zls_parameter INTO TABLE zlt_parameters.

zls_parameter-key = 'IV_POSNR'.

zls_parameter-value = zls_order-posnr.

zls_parameter-key = 'IV_SOLDTO'.

zls_parameter-value = zls_order-soldto.

*-----Start navigation:

CALL METHOD zlo_portal_manager->navigate_absolute

EXPORTING

navigation_target = 'ROLES://portal_content/../../..<iview> '

business_parameters = zlt_parameters.

Regards,

John.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check this component WDR_TEST_PORTAL_NAV

see the code involved in NAV_PAGE_ABSOLUTE view and

ONACTIONNAVIGATE method

the target name is the pcd location

Regards

Abhimanyu L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Thanks for the response. My code now looks like this

DATA PARAMETERS TYPE WDY_KEY_VALUE_TABLE.

DATA PARAMETER TYPE WDY_KEY_VALUE.

PARAMETER-KEY = 'GUID'.

PARAMETER-VALUE = ls_rpm_item_d-guid.

INSERT PARAMETER INTO TABLE PARAMETERS.

l_api_componentcontroller = lr_componentcontroller->wd_get_api( ).

lr_port_manager = l_api_componentcontroller->get_portal_manager( ).

CALL METHOD lr_port_manager->navigate_absolute

EXPORTING

navigation_target = ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.ppmdc

/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.iviews

/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.port_mgmt/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.item_det'

context_url = 'http://ssapdep0.ampsap.net:50100/irj/portal'

post_parameters = ABAP_FALSE

use_sap_launcher = ABAP_TRUE

business_parameters = PARAMETERS.

Still no joy though. I get a CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR error when I try to navigate to that page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question..... When u navigate to another IVIEW on the Portal from the current IVIEw, will the new IVIEW load in the current IVIEW ?

OR

If the target IVIEW is also on the same Portal Page as the Source IVIEW, it will load there ? (Just Like PORTAL Eventing .. ?)

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I guess the cast error comes from the webdynpro? In that case you should be able to use the dump analysis in backend system running the webdynpro to find out which cast causes this error. I presume the parameter you are passing to the target Iview is of a different type than the target iview is expecting?

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Thanks again for the reply. I went to st22 after running the code, but no error information was displayed. I also think the parameters I am passing to the iView are incorrect, but I don't know how to find out what the target iView is expecting.

Do you perhaps know where I can find out, or which other transaction I can use to find the error specifics?

Thanks

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Is the Iview you are calling also an Abap WebDynpro?

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

The iView I am calling is listed as a Page in the Portal, so I am assuming that it is a BSP, and not a Web DynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

The Page in the Portal will contain one or more Iviews. Please check the IView you are calling in the PCD for the properties to find out what kind of IView it is.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

The page is composed from one I view.

I looked at the properties of this iView. Under the "System" Property it is listed as SAP_WebDynPro. Undeer the "Platform" property, it is listed as WebDynPro for Java

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Johan,

Unfortunately you will have to consult a Java developer then... He can load this Webdynpro in the Netweaver Developer Studio and see which parameters should be passed to this IView.

Regards,

John.

Answers (0)