cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading log-configuration.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

I am developing J2EE application. I created file log-configuration.xml using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and put it into META-INF directory in ear file. If I use SDM to deploy ear, it displays message that deployment is successful. But Logging categories and trace locations are not created (I checked it using Visual Administrator -> Log Configurator). When I run my application it writes messages to defaultTrace instead of destination described in log-configuration.xml.

I checked logs of J2EE server and logs of SDM. No error messages.

Where is my mistake? Any ideas are welcome.

WBR,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

If the setting ForceSingleTraceFile is enabled in the J2EE server, all the logs will be written to the default trace file and not to the application specific files. To enable this, launch the Visual Admin and open the Log Manager.

Change the entry ForceSingleTraceFile to NO. Save and restart the Server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I forgot to mention in my question that I've set this parameter. Thanks.

All traces are saved separately except traces from my application. I think that problem is that log-configuration.xml is not process during application deployment.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to write my logging message in a separate log file not default.trc file. When I run my servlet program, the log messages are being written to the default.trc file. I have done the necessary configuration in the j2ee engine. I can see the destination in the Visual Administrator. I have also made the singleTracefile to No.

I am struck here, please guide me.

Regards,

Taru

Former Member
0 Kudos

---

Message was edited by:

Anton Ananich

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was that I was deploying ear file not using SDM, but using special ant task.

Here it is: /people/david.beisert2/blog/2006/02/13/sdm-deployment-as-ant-task

Bea careful using it...

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Last week I was trying to explore more on the Logging and Tracing concept and I followed these documents.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f361cbea-0c01-0010-a3a0-8948bebb...

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/10/log-configuration-for-a-web-dynpro-application

The Logging categories and trace locations are created and I was able to see the application specific logs in the specified location.

Also try to create a blank .log file on the server and then try running your application.

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

former_member193726
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

(1) Does the log file physically exist in the server?

(2) Did you try restarting the server after setting the ForceSingleTraceFile attribute value?

(3) Login to Visual Adim and check if the NWDS config reflects in the Location and Categories section of the Log Configuration!

Regards,

Rekha Malavathu

Former Member
0 Kudos

(1) Log file does not exist. Log messages do not appear anywhere.

(2) Yes, I restarted cluster after setting this parameter.

(3) Config was not reflected in Log Configuratior