cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding dropdown list and tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in my application i have a dropdown list with values list1, list2, list3 and so on

when i select list1, then a Table1 will be displayed with Add,Delete,Modify butons. when we push Add button another form will be displayed and after filling the form the data will be added in the Table1 and the same for modify and delete buttons. Till this step i did using ComponentController binding .it works fine now my doubt is that for one table i used one component controller and what the remaining Table2, Table3 when i select list2, list3.What i performed in the Table1, i need to perform the same operations in Table2, Table3. For this should i go for three Component Controllers and if that is the case how should i map these component controllers

Thanks

shravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

You can map one component controller context to n tables. Where do you want all the tables to be displayed. In the same view or in different views.

You can create all the tables during the design time, map to the controllers context and make them visible/invisible during runtime as per your requirement.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagakishore thanks for ur timely response

could u be more clear

i mean to say each and every table has different attributes that is in context of table i binded three different context attributes. so in my component controller which context attributes should i need to bind

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravan,

You would be having a node as the data source for each table.You can create different nodes for different tables and bind it to the tables in the view and set the visibility accordingly

REgards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

1. Create different nodes with attributes for each table in the controller.

2. Bind the nodes to the tables you want and for each table map a context attribute of type WDVisibility to the visible property of the table and set the value of this attribute to WDVisibility.None

3. On selecting a value from the drop down populate the relavant node and make the visible property of that relevant table to WDVisibility.visible

Let me know if you require any additional help.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saravan,

As far as possible use the same component controller for populating values into these tables.Why do you want to create three controllers?

Regards,

Rohit.

Message was edited by: Rohit Radhakrishnan